Do any Italian made 92FS Berettas have plastic parts like the American-made ones?

PDA

Frandy
November 24, 2006, 10:35 PM
Anyone know?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Do any Italian made 92FS Berettas have plastic parts like the American-made ones?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
November 24, 2006, 10:52 PM
As far as I know...NO :D
Plastic parts are an American thing

Frandy
November 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
I was hoping that was the answer.

Thanks!

Marko Kloos
November 25, 2006, 12:30 AM
Well, I just picked up a NIB Italian 92FS that has a plastic guide rod for certain, and the left-side safety lever seems to be plastic as well.

Truth be told, I don't mind plastic in non-stress areas. Glocks have had plastic guide rods from day one, and the plastic safety levers don't wear their finish like the metal ones do. That's usually the first part of a 92FS that shows wear.

TripleL
November 25, 2006, 11:58 AM
I've had my American-made 92FS since 1986, bought new, with a metal guide rod :) .

Frandy
November 25, 2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the responses. I just returned from the range/shop and it's an Italian made in 1990...with all metal...and uncommon Beretta grips... And best of all, it's mine. Need to take a photo or two... :D

Black Majik
November 25, 2006, 03:44 PM
Well, not all American made Berettas are created equal either.

I have a all metal US 92FS Inox. So there are good ones if you ever want American made too.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/Berettta92FSInox12-16-05.jpg

(yeah yeah, I know... not all Berettas are made either Italian vs. American)

Frandy
November 25, 2006, 05:15 PM
Very sweet, Majik.

The appeal of an Italian-made is strictly emotional. I'm Italian-American. Now, some might argue that I should therefore have an American-made, Italian pistol (after all, I'm American made... ;) ), but because the Italian one I found is NIB, it was a no brainer. Just asked about the metal parts because I only gave it a glance yesterday when I first saw it and hadn't yet gotten back to the shop to look it over more closely.
Now, I can look it over closely in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening... :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Do any Italian made 92FS Berettas have plastic parts like the American-made ones?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!