Lee "Speed Die"

PDA

AmbulanceDriver
November 25, 2006, 11:06 AM
Ok. Came across this while browsing MidwayUSA last night. I'm at work, so I can't access Midway's website, but essentially it's a 3-in-1 die designed for single stage presses. Apparently it's got different inserts or something?

Anyone try one of these yet? If so, how'd it work for you?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee "Speed Die"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AmbulanceDriver
November 25, 2006, 05:25 PM
Anyone?

I'm thinking about ordering one, just to try out, since they're under $15.

But if someone's tried one, please, post a review on here. Would hate to waste $15.....

Matt-man
November 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
There was a thread about these recently:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=233934

After reading that, it seems like it would actually be faster to have a regular set of dies set up with locking rings. You would have to switch dies, but you wouldn't have to readjust them every time.

Uncle Don
November 25, 2006, 06:20 PM
I vote with getting a standard set of dies - cost is no longer a factor and can easily be changed even in a single stage. It's a gadget and the time it takes to change them is as long as it would take to spin the old one out and the new one in.

AmbulanceDriver
November 25, 2006, 07:56 PM
I did a search for it, and didn't find it. Oh well..

Thanks for the info gents, and I think I'll just stick with the full sets....

bender
November 25, 2006, 08:20 PM
I started that other recent thread on speed dies. I still haven't gotten one, but I'm going to order the 9mm speed die from Midway, just to play around with on my Hand Press while in my Laz-y-boy recliner. I don't load much 9mm anyway, but I just want to see how they work.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee "Speed Die"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!