Got my XD

PDA

ArkansasFatboy
November 26, 2006, 03:38 PM
Guys I got my XD .45acp tactical and I love it points great and is accurate I am thinking of buying a subcompact xd in .40 or 9mm also

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my XD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
possum
November 26, 2006, 04:47 PM
congrats, i have a service model .40 and a sc that i bought this week. I love them and i love the whole xd line up i couldn't be more happy with them. the sc to me seems to be a little better balanced, i just can't wait to get out there and try out the new sc. congrats again, an happy shooting to you.

treebeard
November 26, 2006, 09:13 PM
Congrats! I love my XD45 Tactical. You should check out the compact XD45 as well as the 9mm. I plan on getting the XD45 compact when I get home for sure.

bigcim
November 26, 2006, 11:47 PM
I want a xd 10mm dammit

GunNut
November 27, 2006, 12:18 AM
Congrats, i'm sure that you will love it.

Steve

Bazooka Joe71
November 27, 2006, 12:24 AM
D***it guys, I am tired of hearing about how much you love your XD's!

If you could, would you please shut up about your XD's until I can find the .45 service model in OD green. I have been wanting one for awhile now, and my shop I frequent NEVER has any in. So until my XD void has been filled, please quit posting about how great they are.

51Cards
November 27, 2006, 12:45 AM
Gee --- since you're lusting after a .45, guess it won't annoy you to know how much I LOVE my XD-9/SC :D :D :D :D !

possum
November 27, 2006, 07:48 AM

If you could, would you please shut up about your XD's until I can find the .45 service model in OD green. I have been wanting one for awhile now, and my shop I frequent NEVER has any in. So until my XD void has been filled, please quit posting about how great they are.

hey bud i can't can't not love my xd's, and i can't not talk about them, they are like my kids!

have you looked at Pop guns in indy? they might have the one you are looking for. www.popguns.com

CDH
November 27, 2006, 01:31 PM

Got both the XD45 Service in Bi-Tone and a black XD9SubC AND LOVE THEM BOTH :neener:

FYI: I don't know if there are Gander Mountain stores where you're at, but I was in our local store where they had both a XD45 Tactical AND an XD45 Service with the OD frame and black slide.
They look good in their own way, but I'm still glad I got the B-Tone :)

The point it; they're out there. Perhaps you just need to contact some of the larger of your local dealers and have them order you exactly what you want. You might end up with it sooner that way rather than waiting to come across one by accident.

Bazooka Joe71
November 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up possum....

The reason I've been waiting, is because the place I go to is by far and large the cheapest around this area. I can get the XD45 service for a shade over 450, and if I wanted to buy it here in town, its going to be 100 more than that.

possum
November 27, 2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up possum....

no problem brother. i was there last thanksgiving, and did a little shooting at thier range, i was impressed with their selection of weapons and accessries, and there price weren't that bad either.

Texfire
November 29, 2006, 01:34 PM
I got a chance to look at the XD45 Compact yesterday. Feel is identical to the service model XD45s, except the slightly smaller grip. However even though I have what I consider large hands I was able to get a full grip with the short mag. Combine the easier to conceal grip with the full sized mag/grip extension and you have a carry gun that can double as a full-sized service gun.

I've been looking for a carry gun in .45 for awhile so even though it wasn't the more attractive bi-tone, it was just what I've been looking for. It's now on layaway to keep it from getting snatched up before I get the rest of the cash together. I suspect I'll be very happy with it.

As an aside I saw the new Taurus 1911 and the fit and finish was very attractive, but it didn't sway me from the XD, I already have a 1911. But put it on my list for the future.

Tex

XDKingslayer
November 29, 2006, 02:12 PM

Have you looked at the ones in the Earth color. It's basically tan instead of green and actually looks better than the green in person.

MechAg94
November 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
Tan might be better for concealed carry. That color may not raise red flags if the grip shows under a shirt or something.

SuperNaut
November 29, 2006, 03:58 PM
Could one of you guys who have two XD's in the same caliber please see if the slides are interchangeable? I hear that Springfield is making the compact in a 5" model and it would be nice to be have the ability to swap slides with the 4" tactical that I already own.

PCRit
November 30, 2006, 01:50 PM
I picked up the Compact XD45 last week. I agree with Texfire, it works much better for CCW with the 10rnd mag, and I can still use the 13rnd mags.

If you want to carry the same ammo you use in your tactical, the Compact XD45 should work fine. You still have a full-size (3-finger) grip with a 4" barrel so you'll have the same "feel" whether it's your range gun, or CCW, which should help with accuracy.

Katana8869
November 30, 2006, 08:41 PM
You XD45 Compact guys are killin' me with envy. Mine is on backorder! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGHH! :cuss: lol

This will be my entry into the XD fraternity and the wait is driving me up the wall. :D

PCRit
November 30, 2006, 08:53 PM
Backorder???? Davidson's Gallery of Guns (a national distributor) has 27 listed as in stock. Follow the link and put in your zip to see which dealers come up nearest you.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunlocator/gunsearch/inv_search.asp?promoCode=&manufact_combo=Springfield+Armory&category_combo=None&g_type=None&submit1.x=27&submit1.y=13&submit1=Submit&calib_combo=45AP&finish_type=None&sight_class_combo=None&mod_ser_combo=None&price_range=None&num_rec=20

XD Fan
December 1, 2006, 12:13 AM
XDs rock! For those of you who haven't bought one yet, when you get it, it will live up to the hype!

Katana8869
December 2, 2006, 12:26 AM
Taked to my dealer today. My XD45 Compact has been shipped from the supplier and it should arrive monday! My work schedule is going to get in the way so I may have to wait until the middle or end of the week to pick it up. At least now I know it's on it's way here! :D

possum
December 2, 2006, 01:15 AM
This will be my entry into the XD fraternity and the wait is driving me up the wall.
just wait till you shoot it for the first time, you will need to take up reloading, or buy a 9mm to be able to afford shooting. they are so awesome, and oh how i wish money wasn't an issue! let us know how it does for you when you get it out to the range.
Guys I got my XD .45acp tactical and I love it points great and is accurate I am thinking of buying a subcompact xd in .40 or 9mm also

do it, i haven't even shot my .40 xdsc but i can already tell that i like it better than the service model. just doing dry fire drills and cqb stuf, i can tell that the pistol is lighter weight, better balanced, easier to bring up on target, maybe because of the shorter sight radius? i don't know but i love it, it feels even more natural than i ever thought! i will fill ya'll in tommorow!

Kali Endgame
December 2, 2006, 02:42 AM
Lucky! I'm trying to find a XD 45 5" in black. I can only find the earth colored on right now. *Searching*

mrcpu
December 2, 2006, 06:50 AM
There's one at good guy guns in Medford OR. Fondled it today. I think they have a web store, mebbe order it online...

starshooter231
December 4, 2006, 12:19 AM
I got my XD9sc on Nov. 25. And let me tell you how FREAKING AWESOME it is:D . I can not wait to got my next one. I think I will get the 40 or 45 service.

Springfield ROCKS

bigsarg99
December 4, 2006, 01:49 AM
Does anyone make a tactical magwell for the XD Tactical .45 5in? I found one for the .40 and the 9mm but no the .45. Thanks

Zeke Menuar
December 4, 2006, 03:40 AM

Not one word about my XD45 Service or XD45 Tactical and how much I like them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/45SMLE2.jpg

ZM

Bazooka Joe71
December 4, 2006, 12:32 PM
Are the compact models new? Those things are sweet! I'm definately going to get the 4" compact when I see one....The best of both worlds, 10+1 if I want to carry it, and 13+1 for a great HD gun. You can't beat that with a stick!

But please guys, can you rub it in a little more that I don't have one yet? I haven't heard enough good things about them :banghead:

PCRit
December 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
Davidson's galleryofguns has 50 ready for shipping as of 4:30pm today.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunlocator/gunsearch/inv_search.asp?promoCode=&manufact_combo=Springfield+Armory&category_combo=None&g_type=None&submit1.x=20&submit1.y=10&submit1=Submit&calib_combo=45AP&finish_type=None&sight_class_combo=None&mod_ser_combo=None&price_range=None&num_rec=20

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/pbd402d1ed185677cd4d4a805a0fb2db3/ebe8024d.jpg

Bazooka Joe71
December 4, 2006, 01:41 PM
How much were they going for? Like I said in an earlier post, the gunshop I frequent will have them for 450 when they are in, so I dont feel like paying an extra 100 to get it sooner....I'm a very patient man:)

PCRit
December 4, 2006, 02:08 PM
Prices range between $490-550, plus either shipping or local taxes. Waiting several months will save you a bunch:eek:

Walkalong
December 4, 2006, 03:13 PM

But we do. :neener: After my 1911 of course! :)

.357 magnum
December 4, 2006, 09:21 PM
Fatboy you done good! My .45 XD Tactical [mine has a stainless slide] Really is enjoyable to shoot. Love to take it to the range and put 200-250 rounds thru it! Very comfortable shooter and accurate. I have never had a hiccup, no matter what the ammo type. With 14 shots of .45acp on the night stand, I sleep like a dream! I hope you have fun with it for years to come! Hey I have been shooting about 80 rounds of Winchester 230gr SXT for SD practice, I realy like the accuracy of this load. Great SD load! That and the 230gr Federal Hydra-Shok. I prefer the Winchester a bit more-accurate as hell load! Enjoy!

The Best to you and yours!

ArkansasFatboy
December 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
Well I have put about 400+ rounds of ammo through my XD and still love it I had one hiccup with cci blazer brass ammo but only one and none since. My accuracy is improving every time I pick it up and will take my ccw course with it this weekend:D

possum
December 5, 2006, 01:35 PM
Well I have put about 400+ rounds of ammo through my XD and still love it I had one hiccup with cci blazer brass ammo but only one and none since. My accuracy is improving every time I pick it up and will take my ccw course with it this weekend
congrats, speaking of ccw, what are the requirements for ccw in arkansas, what ranges do you shoot from, how many rds etc? Thanks

Katana8869
December 6, 2006, 09:04 PM
Woo-Hoo! Picked up my compact today! It's just what I expected so far. 10 +1 of .45 in a package the size of my Glock 19 and 13 +1 for night stand duty, I love it. :)

I've got 200 rounds of mixed ammo to try it out with so I'm heading to the range this weekend :D

possum
December 6, 2006, 11:30 PM
Woo-Hoo! Picked up my compact today! It's just what I expected so far. 10 +1 of .45 in a package the size of my Glock 19 and 13 +1 for night stand duty, I love it.

I've got 200 rounds of mixed ammo to try it out with so I'm heading to the range this weekend
woo-hoo, congrats, glad to see another xd owner! and i am sure after this weekend there will be one more happy xd owner!

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my XD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!