Savage 24v

PDA

Mot45acp
November 26, 2006, 05:25 PM
I got a freebie Savage 24v that is in need of new barrels (.222 over 20 ga)
The previous owner chopped the barrels to a very illegal length, then welded 12 ga barrels on it to legalize it. Yes I know somewhere an angel is crying. Ive tried gunbroker, numrich and of course savage. I have seen 2 other 24v's both with different barrels than mine and eachother in the same caliber. Short of having local smith turn me a new set, where can I find some?
Thanks
Mot

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 24v" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
November 26, 2006, 06:30 PM
Try www.gunpartscorp.com and cross your fingers. IF they have them the set will run over $70, and should be installed by a gunsmith. so the whole thing may not be cost effective.

Jim

Nhsport
November 26, 2006, 07:23 PM
I suspect that this one is not going to fly.I can't see any solution that isn't going to cost more than a used gun. At any rate look around and fint what it would cost you for a used gun so you have a solid starting point.
Good luck! Don't be surprised if you end up running the gun through the bandsaw

Mot45acp
November 30, 2006, 02:10 AM
I'd be happy in the $200ish range the gun was free to me, so a $200 multi caliber gun would be worth it

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 24v" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!