remington 223 brass

PDA

The-Fly
November 26, 2006, 06:02 PM
is it decent stuff?

If you enjoyed reading about "remington 223 brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NailGun
November 26, 2006, 06:36 PM
Not suitable for resizing to 7.62x54R.
You may be able to reload it for .223 Rem, however. (assuming that it is decent)

taliv
November 26, 2006, 10:24 PM
i have 10,000 pieces of it. no problems at all. that said, i bought it because it was the cheapest, not the most reputable

YodaVader
November 26, 2006, 11:02 PM
I have an old lot (9yrs old) of .223 brass that is made by Remington , used it in my old 700 VLS and was able to fire some excellent groups using match bullets. I also used Winchester , Fed Gold Medal and eventually the highly touted Lapua.

So the Rem cases never were used again until a few months ago. I aquired three .223s in the past year and it was time to go through my brass inventory , "Hey , that old lot of Remington brass!"

Anyway , once again this brass has given me excellent results. In fact the best targets I have fired have been with this lot of Rem brass. Is it a fluke? Don't know , but I wish I had bought about a 1000 pcs of the same lot back then!

trickyasafox
November 27, 2006, 02:11 PM
rem fc headstamp i've had problems with. their other stuff has been problem free in 223. the rem fc is crimped, but i've found the case to be soft, and have had a number of stuck cases with this stuff as the rim rips off :(

the rest of their stuff is fine. maybe the problems i have are from one batch, but you should be aware of it. for the most part it's not bad stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "remington 223 brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!