Help! My CZ52 won't chamber a round

PDA

coyote_jr
November 26, 2006, 08:07 PM
So I shot it awhile back and then cleaned it. Took it out the other day and the thing won't chamber a round. When I pull back the slide it seems to be fine but when I release the slide the round becomes stuck, I can see most of the casing, and the slide wont return all the way. What is going on?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! My CZ52 won't chamber a round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stolivar
November 26, 2006, 08:23 PM
and look in the barrel you might have part of a case in there or an obstruction.

steve

steelhead
November 26, 2006, 08:57 PM
When that happened to me, it turned out to be the right side rear plate and nut. If you take off the grips, you will see a nut on the rear right side. This nut, if not fully turned down, will cause the plate to extend far enough out to slow down and/or bind the slide.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/452930-big.JPG

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! My CZ52 won't chamber a round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!