Oehler going away?

PDA

model 649
November 26, 2006, 10:52 PM
I was at the range today gathering data with a friend of mine when the unthinkable happened.....one of the screens got hit(imagine that)! Anyhoo I was tooling around the net for another and noticed that Oehler has "reluctantly suspended production" of reloader equipment and sold out all their units? When did this happen? What a bummer. Couldn't survive the competition? They invented the chronograph, for pete's sake. It appears they are still servicing their stuff, but, I wonder for how long? I'm thinking I should get a few more screens at least. Thoughts?
Josh

If you enjoyed reading about "Oehler going away?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
flutedchamber
November 26, 2006, 11:29 PM
I had read something about this on the net about six months ago. It seems that Oehler is still in business, but only supplies to the commercial market. This I learn a month after I buy their 35P chrono....oh well.

CMcDermott
November 27, 2006, 05:40 PM
I suspect that Oehler got caught needing to update the electronics of the 35P due to parts (memory chips, processor etc) going out of production. They probably don't have the time & money to re-design the unit to use newer chips, and can't produce any more of the old design.
I wish I had bought one before they went away as the Model 35 is the reference standard for consumer chronographs, and will be until the last one finally dies.

Ol` Joe
November 27, 2006, 06:37 PM
Here it is from the horses mouth.........:(

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1100396&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

steveno
November 27, 2006, 07:13 PM
you should be able to contact them about a replacement screen because I think it is the same one use on their model 43

If you enjoyed reading about "Oehler going away?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!