What was the FBI "frisbee" test that Glock failed

PDA

glockrock
November 27, 2006, 03:43 PM
and did they fix the problem. Read about it on Glock Talk but sense the weenies banned my IP address for no reason, I can't ask there!!:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "What was the FBI "frisbee" test that Glock failed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skywarp
November 27, 2006, 04:06 PM
Proxy servers are your friend.

IP schmypee

CWL
November 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
It was a DEA frisbee test, not FBI. It was an aggressive drop test which involved throwing G17s ~15 feet with a 4 foot drop. This simulates accidentally falling/tripping while carrying a pistol while at a full run.

In the test, the frame separated from the slide the first time with every pistol tested. This resulted in every pistol becoming inoperable due to rail failure and the testing for Glocks stopped immediately because no pistols could be made to fire.

Rather than admit serious design flaw & recall all Glocks, Glock decided to quietly redesign the rails and offer free upgrades for all Gen1 pistol slides. It took 2 tries until the rails design was made satisfactory, that is part of the reason why there are 3 Generations of Glock pistol designs.

LkWinnipesaukee
November 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
:cuss: They banned my IP as well. I tried to register for the 1st time and it said I was banned.

+1 on the anon proxy, but most are slow as hell

Justin
November 27, 2006, 04:09 PM
No forum wars, please. If you have a legitimate grievance with a forum, please take it up with their administrative staff.

If you enjoyed reading about "What was the FBI "frisbee" test that Glock failed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!