.223 Frangible Bullets?

PDA

Crawlin
November 27, 2006, 11:14 PM
I have been reloading pistol ammo for a while but I might be about to acquire a .223 / 5.56 M4. The local range is an indoor range that requires frangible ammo. I found some on midway but as with everything, I'm sure its cheaper reloading it.

So, two part question:
1) Which bullets for .233 to stockpile ammo?
2) Which frangible bullets for range practice?

If you enjoyed reading about ".223 Frangible Bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P0832177
November 28, 2006, 06:09 AM
Your problem will be finding frangible bullets. This is the http://www.sinterfire.com/ is one producer I know of. But, I am not sure they sell the components direct to the consumer. Now, Black Hills Shooters Supply (sells to dealers only) does have Sinterfire bullets for sale as a component, in 250 ct increments.

redneck2
November 28, 2006, 06:46 AM
Is there any reason you can't just use varmint bullets?? They blow apart when they hit a few blades of grass.

msgrep
November 28, 2006, 08:36 AM
I saw some frangible bullets on ebay a while back. Cant remember price just remember it was not too bad.

Crawlin
November 28, 2006, 06:00 PM
Redneck, I'll ask. I don't know.

redneck2
November 28, 2006, 07:20 PM
Reason I posted....

I suspect they don't want FMJ's and particularly AP's due to damage to the targets. Frangibles blow apart. Varmint bullets blow apart.

Just interested.

If you enjoyed reading about ".223 Frangible Bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!