If TFL re-opened...

PDA

Drjones
January 5, 2003, 10:22 PM
What would you do?

Stay here? Go back to your first home? Become a polygamist? ;)

Rich said TFL may someday reopen if he so desires....what would you do if that day came?

If you enjoyed reading about "If TFL re-opened..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg L
January 5, 2003, 10:29 PM
TFL wasn't the only place that I visited while online.

THR isn't the only place I go now.

If TFL comes back it will be just that much more time wast... er... um ... doing research .... yeah that's the ticket ... research.

Greg

Schuey2002
January 5, 2003, 10:29 PM
If the moderators left here and went back over there, then I would go back. If they stayed here,then I would stay right here.:D

critter
January 5, 2003, 10:34 PM
Hay, this is a GREAT bunch of folks. Wherever they hang out, that's where I'll be.

I, too, visit some other sites but this is the only one that has the 'flavor' of the ole TFL site. Absolutely TOP NOTCH!

Tamara
January 5, 2003, 10:35 PM
I'd have to see what happened.

Right now, odds are that my posting rate would be cut roughly in half on both boards... ;)

Oleg Volk
January 5, 2003, 10:36 PM
Maybe we'd merge archives and unite :)

4v50 Gary
January 5, 2003, 10:38 PM
Oleg, you da oddah Man!:cool:

Redlg155
January 5, 2003, 10:39 PM
Maybe we'd merge archives and unite

It would be like marrying your cousin.

No worries. They do that down here all the time!:D

Good Shooting
RED

Triad
January 5, 2003, 10:39 PM
Merging archives might be a good idea, but I wonder if TFL would still feel the same if it did re-open

Harold Mayo
January 5, 2003, 10:41 PM
I have this site bookmarked as "The Firing Line, Part Deux", anyway.

2nd Amendment
January 5, 2003, 10:44 PM
I'd be back and forth between the two. As someone else said, it's not the only forum around anyway.

10-Ring
January 5, 2003, 10:48 PM
THR seems to have captured the essence of what TFL was all about. It would be hard to imagine 2 sites w/ similar personalities co-existing. I guess I'd go visit out of curiosity & would stick around depending on the quality, but I think I have found a good place to hand my hat here :)

Guyon
January 5, 2003, 10:53 PM
Like someone else said, it would kind of depend on the mods. For example, I've come to rely on opinions of folks like Art Eatman or Dave McCracken, and since they're mods, you can usually count on them to see and respond to a question.

I'd still visit both boards though--just to see if C.R. Sam makes it to 100,000 posts both places.

Speaking of Rich, is he registered here? Don't recall seeing a post by Rich Lucibella. Maybe he's skulking about under a different name.

4v50 Gary
January 5, 2003, 10:57 PM
Rich is registered and I saw him on-line earlier today.

Blackhawk
January 6, 2003, 01:29 AM
Rich is registered and I saw him on-line earlier today. :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

Great news!

:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

sm
January 6, 2003, 01:45 AM
TFL is where I learned, was challenged, and give credit for some changes I made. THR continues the legacy, the people, ideas and exchange fills the void for me. TFL re-opens...I'll devote time to both...I suspect the new TFL will have a direction and goal and I want to learn from it. So I'd support both Rich and Oleg's sites.

Rich, nice to see here SIR !

MitchSchaft
January 6, 2003, 02:00 AM
That would be a very mean joke if TFL opened back up :neener:

PATH
January 6, 2003, 02:00 AM
Oh brother! I'd be spending twice the amount of time in front of the computer! I like Oleg's idea but I would remain loyal to both sites should TFL open up again without a cojoining of archives.
I guess I am just hard core!

Lennyjoe
January 6, 2003, 06:32 AM
I'd be here and there.

Kahr carrier
January 6, 2003, 08:52 AM
Id visit both ..:D

Mr. Fixit
January 6, 2003, 04:04 PM
Hey, I'm just thankful THIS site exists. Que sera, sera.

Mr. F

Ullr
January 6, 2003, 04:14 PM
I've come to rely on opinions of folks like Art Eatman or Dave McCracken, and since they're mods, you can usually count on them to see and respond to a question.

Exactly. It's the people on the board that make it what it is. I like Oleg's idea of merging the two... of course, those of us that changed our handles might live to regret it...

Mal H
January 6, 2003, 04:23 PM
It's the people, not the place. I'd go where the good folks go.

RustyHammer
January 6, 2003, 06:16 PM
"Put on the Internet surfing music Danno" .. cause I'd be surfing!

Oatka
January 6, 2003, 06:23 PM
TFL coming back would do a disservice to this community. What would be their purpose? This site has nicely picked up the torch.

Why dilute our efforts? I have limited time and if TFL came back, I would stay here.

You can't go home again, and I wouldn't try.

New_comer
January 6, 2003, 07:12 PM
It's the people, not the place. I'd go where the good folks go. Ditto :D

stephen_g22
January 6, 2003, 07:14 PM
I think TFL is re-opened, it is called The High Road.

4thHorseman
January 6, 2003, 07:19 PM
I don't think Rich would do that to Oleg. Rich got tired of running with the ball. Oleg has literally picked the ball up and started running with it, as we all cheered him on. I think it would be a poor choice of tricks to play on Oleg and all of us.
If Oleg got tired of irunning the board, it might might be a different story.
Again, I believe with all the values and morals Rich has, he understands.

RobW
January 6, 2003, 07:50 PM
TFL was the concrete basement. Now, we can build the house on it, called THR.

Why tear down the house to go to the concrete?

JohnBT
January 6, 2003, 08:33 PM
"It would be like marrying your cousin." Redlg155

That's still legal here.

(and in many places)

John...guessing I'd blindly follow the crowd as usual.

Butch
January 6, 2003, 09:01 PM
TFL lies in dignefied state. Let it lie. Long live TFL. Long live the new king, THR.

http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/navigator/usa.gif

OF
January 6, 2003, 09:03 PM
And the winner of the All-Time Best Smiley Ever Award: Butch!

- Gabe :)

Gewehr98
January 6, 2003, 10:16 PM
I was under the impression that it was just a nice place to talk guns and related topics. Dunno if I like playing the guinea pig. :scrutiny:

dairycreek
January 6, 2003, 11:19 PM
It is better because TFL did what it did. If TFL were to come back I am sure it would incorporate that which has (and will) be learned because of the efforts of THR. Would I automaticallly go back to TFL? Maybe - maybe not. It sure would be an interesting choice though. Good shooting:)

blades67
January 6, 2003, 11:30 PM
I'd split my time, just like before.

Ala Dan
January 7, 2003, 06:03 PM
I'm with Tamara on this issue; as most of you can see,
I'm dividing time amongest many firearms web-site's.
Like 'em all, but I feel like I am not doing "justice" to
any one form; as I have to "catch a wave" between
working hour's.:rolleyes: :scrutiny:

To answer the question, YES I would got back to TFL
as time permitted; but my post total's would probably
drop dramatically.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

If you enjoyed reading about "If TFL re-opened..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!