winchester 1300 defender trigger assembly

PDA

perkis
November 28, 2006, 05:04 PM
hey there; just took apart a 1300 trigger assembly because the carrier would not feed another round into the chamber after 1st one is fired. you can manually get the shell into the chamber by pumping it back and turning the gun upside down and let gravity pull the shell down into the chamber; anyways can anyone tell me why the carrier was not pulling another shell into the chamber and i also am wondering if anyone has the schematic of the 1300 trigger assembly because i cannot get the springs and pins back together because they do not line back up in the holes; HELP!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester 1300 defender trigger assembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MountainBear
November 28, 2006, 09:45 PM
Take it to a gunsmith. The trigger assemblies are notoriously difficult to reassemble, requiring slave pins for some of the springs.

kirbythegunsmith
November 29, 2006, 04:31 PM
You may have more of a problem than merely getting the pieces re-assembled. There may be other issues that can prevent the shells from being lifted. If you sent me the trigger parts, and I assembled and fixed what was there, what would you think if the gun still failed to function? I would have done my part, as far as that goes, but you still would be holding a malfunctioning firearm.
There may only be issues in the trigger assembly. Perhaps a part has broken or become dislodged and is now missing.
If you want the best assurance of a functional firearm, give the entire gun to a qualified gunsmith.

kirbythegunsmith@hotmail.com

Sometime I may post the story of the mystery of the self-ejecting firing pin of the Winchester 1300/1200 etc.

Bwana John
December 2, 2006, 11:15 AM
just took apart a 1300 trigger assembly
uh-oh,

I have found thru personal experimentation that modern pump and semiauto shotgun trigger assemblys should NOT be taken apart. :uhoh:

clean um with gun-scrubber and compressed air.

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester 1300 defender trigger assembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!