Has anyone purchased bullets from here

PDA

Dr. Dickie
November 29, 2006, 07:35 AM
http://www.hi-techammo.com/

M2 Ball bullets 3,000 for $145. Seems un-real (same deal for .308 BT).
I am not a benchreseter, just an off-hand shooter, so I do not need match grade bullets, but the price of these has me a bit leerly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone purchased bullets from here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
November 29, 2006, 09:03 AM
only about 18,000 in the past two years

m0ntels
November 29, 2006, 09:32 AM
I bought some of the M2 ball and some of the 5.56 stuff too. Bullets were as advertised concerning pull marks on the 5.56, M2 without marks. Shipping took a while, I guess it's a Mom and Pop place and Pop was ill or something, I forget, it was a while ago. The lady kept in touch with me via email though. I'd buy from them again. Like you said, price is good and you get exactly what they say.

Randy

dave5339
December 1, 2006, 11:28 AM
We just got our order in from them yesterday. Ordered Monday, recieved the following Thursday.

Great prices there by the way.

Semper Fi

Clark
December 1, 2006, 12:43 PM
I bought many bullets from them a couple years ago.

They are A+.

They did everything just right, as 99% of those businesses do that live in fear of VISA or MASTER CARD arbitration.

trickyasafox
December 1, 2006, 01:53 PM
i have only bought their 22 cal bullets, but i'd recommend them to anyone. fantastic people to work with and great product.

ocabj
December 1, 2006, 02:47 PM
Not sure how they're shipping the 3k of the M2 bullets, but it quoted $34.35 for my area of SoCal.

I'm pretty sure you can fit 3000 M2 bullets in the flat rate USPS Priority Box (both in terms of weight and volume).

USSR
December 1, 2006, 03:15 PM
Dr. D.,

ocabj brings up a good point -- how much for shipping? Hi-tech wanted to charge me $25 for shipping 3,000 bullets. I ended up going with http://www.patsreloading.com/patsrel/prices.htm which will ship them in a USPS flat rate shipping box for $13. Also, Pat's bullet are not deformed by the disassembly process which requires them to be resized.

Don

trickyasafox
December 1, 2006, 04:59 PM
hi tech shipped mine flat rate, but if you order tracers they have to go UPS. call em up if you have questions. they are very helpful.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone purchased bullets from here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!