1911 shell casings ejecting not consistant

PDA

U.S.SFC_RET
November 29, 2006, 05:51 PM
I installed a long ejector and am wondering what the next step in the process is to tame the casings that are ejecting out of this gun. As I observed the firer I noticed that the first case came out fine and over the right side of his head and shoulder. The second case came out a bit weaker and barely cleared the shoulder and the third made it down his shirt. These cases are not exactly the three that I am referring to but they are there to show you the inconsistancy that I am talking about. I did file the lower corner a bit and I mean just a bit.
A bit O Help Please I am stuck like chuck. :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 shell casings ejecting not consistant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911Tuner
November 29, 2006, 06:11 PM
The case on the far left inidcates that the extractor is clocking. Try increasing the tension a little and see if it helps. You may need to also
cut a few thou off the front pad to set the hook closer to the breechface centerline...but just try retensioning it for now.

U.S.SFC_RET
November 29, 2006, 07:10 PM
Roger tuner I will give it a shot, pardon the pun.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 shell casings ejecting not consistant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!