Shot an HK for the first time

PDA

FunYet
November 29, 2006, 10:36 PM
I rented a HK P2000, 9mm at the range today. I really liked it. My current semi autos are Glock 26/19/21 and S&W 908. The HK had it's own unique feel. The shop has a P2000 and P2000SK available for sale.

Are HKs as user servicable as Glocks?

Trying to talk my self out of another gun I don't really need.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot an HK for the first time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
November 29, 2006, 10:46 PM
Didn't need end after the first one? :neener: HK's are great guns. The P2000 and 'sk' are just 2 more examples German technology at its finest ;) You won't be sorry you got one!

Black Majik
November 30, 2006, 12:38 AM
The P2K got me back into polymer pistols. Never really shot a polymer gun I liked until the P2K. Its been a great gun, and now my carry pistol. Might cost as much as a SIG, but it's well worth it. Even if it's plastic. :D

gudel
November 30, 2006, 12:47 AM
Get one. I gave my dad my P2000 40 LEM. He likes it.

PO2Hammer
November 30, 2006, 12:56 AM
Are HKs as user servicable as Glocks?
No!
H&Ks are great guns, but they are more like Sigs or Berettas inside. I can repair any Glock with a scavenged part and a rusty nail, but not a USP/P-series.
Like any of them, USPs can be serviced with some tools and some practice.

gudel
November 30, 2006, 01:25 AM
I took apart my USP45 with only a tweezer. :)

JLStorm
November 30, 2006, 01:38 AM
USPs are very similar to Glocks inside and can be serviced just as easily IMO. At the armor level, each weapon needs one tool or another. The difference for me is that I love my USP and hated my G30.

Highland Ranger
November 30, 2006, 06:28 AM
I can take apart my USP's for cleaning with my hands.

jondar
November 30, 2006, 11:32 AM
I recently attended the funeral of a Deputy Sheriff. I noticed the sidearm of a deputy standing next to me. I asked him if it was a Glock 23, He said yes, a .40. I said I heard they were great pistols. He answered, "Yes they are good pistols and do what they are supposed to, but we're waiting for the county commissioners to advance more funds so we can replace them with HK's. Now there's a great pistol."

david_the_greek
November 30, 2006, 11:39 AM
oh yeah I put my 1911 back together with just my hands :neener: but that was just because kimbers stupid tool to put the spring back in sucks. Those H&Ks are awsome guns, I didn't care for the grip serrations on the one I shot. fullsize 9mm usp I think.

Highland Ranger
November 30, 2006, 07:47 PM
I have two Kimbers and take those down and put them back together with my hands as well.

texgunner
December 1, 2006, 12:06 AM
I have 3 HK USP's. Get one, you won't regret it.

Tex

bearmgc
December 1, 2006, 05:16 PM
Hks very nice. I have a compact .357sig, and initially found it a little difficult to get on target. But now groups are great. Hks aren't the only nice. There alotta other nice stuff out there, but my safe is full and you can only realistically carry one gun at a time.

noops
December 1, 2006, 05:27 PM
I was mostly glocks for about 10 years. Then I bought my first 1911 and decided that single action only was definitely for me. The full size 1911 was to big and heavy, so I bought a USPc in 9mm to replace my Glock 19 as my carry. I guess it's more like Single Action Maybe, but I keep it SAO. I definitely love it. The only downer is the nonstandard rail.

Noops

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot an HK for the first time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!