Sterling .22LR Mouse gun

PDA

blue86buick
May 23, 2003, 04:24 AM
I was browsing the local pawn shops, and found an interesting lil gun for $65. All i could gather was that it was a .22LR semi-auto, had a fixed barrel, and was (maybe) a Sterling brand...at least that's what it said on the barrel: "Sterling .22 Long Rifle".

What do you guys think? Does this sound familiar at all? Is that a brand...and is it any good? This would be JUST a plinker...another gun to put my bricks of .22 through. For the price, should I be wary of it, or feel free to spend my money? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sterling .22LR Mouse gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arinvolvo
May 23, 2003, 04:36 AM
I assume you speak of this:

http://pictures.auctionarms.com/8996151228/Dcp_2614.jpg

Made by sterling arms corporation out of Buffalo NY....As far as I know, there is a reason it is 65 bucks. I dont think they have a very good track record, and finding parts for it would be nearly impossible.

Mesa
May 23, 2003, 07:57 AM
I have one in Stainless just like that. I paid $50 for it at a gun show. Pretty cool little pistol. Fun to shoot and so far it has been problem free. Parts are available through Numrich (http://e-gunparts.com).

Mags are available through Numrich too but I have bought 2 on E-Bay for one-third the price. I also won a set of really cool white Sterling Arms grips on E-bay for $0.95. The shipping was $4.00 though.

Mesa

blue86buick
May 23, 2003, 12:47 PM
yup, that's the one!

where can i find information on this? i've googled for info, but all I get are for sale ads, price listings, and unrelated things. does the manufacturer even have a website? are they still in business?

Mesa: how hard is it to take down/field strip to clean it? do you have any tips or tricks for it?

Invisible Swordsman
May 23, 2003, 04:43 PM
I had one in stainless back in the 80's, when they were manufactured. I was hoping it would be a good back pocket gun. While fit and finish looked pretty good, I could never go through a magazine without a jam (fail to feed). I didn't keep it.

tbeb
May 23, 2003, 06:05 PM
This was my first handgun. I bought it in 197something. It is, without a doubt, the most unreliable pistol I have ever owned.

Oleg Volk
May 23, 2003, 07:37 PM
Had one briefly (didn't buy it) and it was neither accurate nor reliable.

blue86buick
May 23, 2003, 09:32 PM
wow...am i ever glad I didn't waste my money on that then! however, i found a intertec 9mm at another pawn shop for $200. that looks like a fun gun :)

makdaddy03
May 24, 2003, 02:40 AM
I dont know about the Sterling 25acp. But, I do know that Unless the Tec 9 is a pre ban its not worth $200.
$150 maybe but not $200.;)

Radar
May 25, 2003, 09:16 PM
Best little pocket pistol I ever had. Needs some polishing on the feedramp to feed cheep stuff. Good value. Shot about 5000rnds thru mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sterling .22LR Mouse gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!