Synthetic M1 Garand stocks

PDA

C-grunt
November 30, 2006, 07:52 PM
A friend at work is looking for a synthetic stock for his Garand. Where can he find one? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Synthetic M1 Garand stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mustanger98
November 30, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ramline makes a synthetic Garand stock. I haven't used one... yet... but they're affordable. MidwayUSA generally keeps them in stock.

DPMS also makes a synthetic stock. M1 Surplus, also an online store, generally has those.

I hope this helps.

jthuang
November 30, 2006, 11:56 PM
I once saw a pic of Oleg with his synthetic stocked Garand. Wonder which one he used.

Kaylee
December 1, 2006, 12:07 AM
Oleg's is a FedOrd build - he bought it that way.

http://www.a-human-right.com/garand.html

jthuang
December 1, 2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks Kaylee. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to build my CMP Garand into a Volk clone. :)

mustanger98
December 1, 2006, 01:00 PM
jthuang I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to build my CMP Garand into a Volk clone.

Jthuang, As I said, MidwayUSA carries Ramline stocks that look a whole lot like the one on Oleg's Garand. Also, you can get the flash hider from different outlets. You don't have to look all that far.

Bjg0082
December 1, 2006, 03:00 PM
Synthetic stocks look cool, but can you club someone with it? ;)

Mr White
December 1, 2006, 03:18 PM
STEP AWAY FROM THE SYNTHETIC STOCK!!! ITS NOT WORTH IT!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO??? DEAR GOD, PLEASE, NO!!!!

That said, Bob's Gun Shop (http://www.gun-parts.com/militarystocks/) has one that doesn't look like a Ramline. If your buddy is going to disgrace his Garand with a synthetic, at least beg him to not pour salt on the wound by buying a Ramline. I bought a Ramline folder a few years ago for my 10/22 and have seen other ones and I'm not terribly impressed with their quality. They just feel cheap.

smince
December 1, 2006, 11:04 PM
Brownell's used to carry one made by Bell and Carlson. Not sure if it is still made.

This is a black Ramline. It belongs to a local deputy who uses it as a patrol rifle:http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=39833&d=1147311041

Mr White
December 2, 2006, 12:35 AM
Bell & Carlson makes good synthetics. I just looked thru their site and it doesn't look like they make M1 stocks anymore. It might be worth an email to confirm that.

You might have guessed that I'm not a big fan of synthetics on milsurp guns, but I gotta admit that a black Monte Carlo on an M1 doesn't look too bad. I think the overall beauty of the Garand transcends the stock.

Deles136
December 2, 2006, 01:13 AM
I bought one from Midway, don't remember who made it. I have a beautiful Walnut stock for the M1. I use the syn. for trips to the range to prevent damage to the wood stock.

GRIZ22
December 2, 2006, 03:02 PM
Stay away from those synthetics that were made for parade rifles. They weren't designed to be used firing service ammo. The only way I can tell you to ID them is they will be cheap ($60).

bicyclewrench
December 15, 2006, 09:03 PM
Maybe you could suggest a Boyd laminate. Much more attractive than synthetic but still quite durable and unaffected by elements.

jaimeshawn
December 16, 2006, 03:32 PM
I have a black ramline on mine. It's a good stock.

I don't remember where I bought it. You will want to pick up another handguard clip for it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Synthetic M1 Garand stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!