savage 17hmr and pentax scope

PDA

kart racer
November 30, 2006, 07:49 PM
Just ordered a savage 93r17 bv and got a pentax 4.5x14 scope for it.The rifle should be here tomorrow and hopefully the scope Saturday.
Does anyone have any experience with the pentax?Supposedly,the scope I bought is supposed to be like a fullfield 2 which most seem to like,it was only a 197.00 nib and figured it would be worth the chance.

If you enjoyed reading about "savage 17hmr and pentax scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
steelhead
November 30, 2006, 09:32 PM
I think you will be pleased with the scope. I have a 6X42 Pentax Gameseeker sitting on a 358 Winchester. So far, after 200 rounds, it has held up and kept zero. I've been able to shoot sub MOA groups @ 100 yards and the image is clear and fairly bright. From what I understand, your scope uses the Burris Optics but is assembled somewhere in Asia with a different housing.

carterbeauford
November 30, 2006, 09:41 PM
Can't comment on Pentax scopes, but nice choice on the rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "savage 17hmr and pentax scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!