Where to buy the "newer" Hornady LNL progressive press?

PDA

Luggernut
December 1, 2006, 01:44 PM
Well... now that I understand that Hornady has made some significant changes to this press (without changing partnumbers either!)- the latest being the powder dropping with exanders at same stage. How can I be sure what I'm getting from a dealer? This fine forum has helped and I realize that I need a s/n > 9901.. however Cabela's, Midsouth and a few others can't confirm which they have in inventory.

I don't want to pay $300+ for the old one....

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to buy the "newer" Hornady LNL progressive press?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Car Knocker
December 1, 2006, 03:01 PM
Do you have a Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse within reasonable distance where you can actually lay hands on a press?

Luggernut
December 1, 2006, 04:08 PM
Not that I know of.... :(

P0832177
December 1, 2006, 05:08 PM
Check out www.gunstop.com for contact info. Call John Walton, and he will help you out!

GrantCunningham
December 1, 2006, 05:10 PM
Midway has the latest update in stock.

cobra1414
December 1, 2006, 05:13 PM
wideners has the recent ones

Luggernut
December 1, 2006, 05:20 PM
Thank you gentlemen. Wideners has a great price... but they're out of stock. :uhoh:

Shoney
December 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
Try all of the following. I suggest you call to make sure it is the latest model, Also see who has best price when combined with shipping to your zip code..
Midsouth $309.99
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00005095100
Graf & sons for $315.99 plus FREE Hornady Dust Cover
http://www.grafs.com/product/53875
Midway USA $349.99
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=679228

baker1425
December 1, 2006, 10:26 PM
I got mine at cabelas - they usually keep the small parts (cartridge spring O shaped) and the primer return springs in stock too. I got the case feeder too. Mine was timed during a rebate time from them, i got $50 credit for buying. I probably would try Wideners if I had to do it again though.

Have you called wideners to see when they are getting them? They are top notch on service on other stuff.

Darth Muffin
December 2, 2006, 01:11 AM
I've heard that Midway has the latest. I got mine from them in August and it came with the case activated powder drop. If you at least get the CAPD then the powder through expander is only like $8 straight from Hornady, so it's not that big of a deal.

redwood
December 2, 2006, 03:50 AM
Yeah FYI Weidners has some for 319 but packaged w/a shell plate(5,10 or30).I'd call to verify it's the new one but it should be.Good luck

1911user
December 2, 2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah FYI Weidners has some for 319 but packaged w/a shell plate(5,10 or30).I'd call to verify it's the new one but it should be.Good luck

My bet is they are the older style powder drop. I think those were in stock when I order mine last summer. Do a search on my username. I posted what the serial number cutoff was for the new vs. older presses.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to buy the "newer" Hornady LNL progressive press?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!