Realist scope?

PDA

.45Guy
December 1, 2006, 04:31 PM
My neighbor just gave me a Realist 1.5-4.5 scope. I really like the reticle, thick vertical and horizontal posts with crosshairs, and it seems sturdily built. What I'd like to know is if it's a decent piece of glass to throw on an '06? I've never heard of them, but he said they made surveying equipment as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Realist scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
.45Guy
December 3, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'm assuming from the lack of response that it is a total POS.:(

Jim Watson
December 3, 2006, 01:31 PM
I get paid for fast responses.
For free, I reply when convenient.

The only dealer here who was an actual shooter and hunter thought very highly of Realist scopes. If he got one on a tradein gun, he usually kept it for himself and put something else on the rifle to sell.
There are probably some manufacturing improvements and better lens coatings on current high-end scopes, but a Realist for free is a good deal.

gunut
December 3, 2006, 10:11 PM
Realist scopes were very good scopes at the time they were made [late 60s thru mid 70s] if I remember correctly....and they were made right in your back yard Menomonee Falls, Wi.

If you enjoyed reading about "Realist scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!