Finn M28 find of the year.

PDA

gaweidert
December 2, 2006, 12:53 PM
So I stopped into a small shop yesterday while returning from a service call. It was next to a restaurant where I had a late lunch. I was loking form some ammo as they had recently purchased a stash from an estate sale. I was perusing the raks where he had some M44's when I noticed a Finn at the end of the line. I thought it was a Finn M27. So I picked up the tag and it says $95.:what:

So I purchased it and when I got home went to 7.62x54r.net to get a proper ID. It turns out that it is a Finn M28 "ski trooper"!!!! Cleaned up nice and bore is excellent. Only problem is the stock is glued where they all tend to split in the heel. A very good day. I never did get any ammo from them. Rifle is worth about $400. You don't come across deals like this that very often.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finn M28 find of the year." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1 old 0311
December 2, 2006, 02:17 PM
I hate you guys that find all these hot deals. All I ever find are $400.00 Hi-Points.:neener: :neener:

Hoppy590
December 2, 2006, 02:56 PM
i cant even find regular M44's for under 100$ localy. forget any fancy finns or others

selector67
December 2, 2006, 03:04 PM
I paid $65 dollars for mine, way back when.;)

El Tejon
December 2, 2006, 03:07 PM
Kevin, I told you to shop somewhere other than Don's!:neener:

Have you shot it yet? Let's us know how that split holds up after a day of shooting. Nice find!:)

redneck2
December 2, 2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah, but Don doesn't want to make money....

he just LOOOOOOVES to sell guns!!!!

270Win
December 2, 2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, at all the local gun shows, M44s have been $125, minimum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finn M28 find of the year." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!