Rem 700 PSS Swivel Base Question

PDA

33-805
December 2, 2006, 07:11 PM
A friend and I both have Rem 700 PSS rifles. Both our rifles have developed the same problem and I am looking for advice. The front two sling swivel bases are both working loose regularly. These are threaded into the aluminum bedding block that runs the length of the forend. When we try to "sling up" or carry them any length, the swivel bases start to pivot.

No, this is not a really serious problem, and we have not had them get so loose that we are in danger of dumping the rifle on the ground as we are aware of it and retighten them as they loosen. It IS annoying, however, and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions? Loctite has failed to help, and I don't know if that may have to do with the swivel base being steel and the block being aluminum. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 700 PSS Swivel Base Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Erud
December 2, 2006, 09:35 PM
Had the same problem on 2 of mine and both were fixed with loctite. Since that didn't work on yours, you could maybe try something like JB Weld or a bedding compound. Good luck!

Erud

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 700 PSS Swivel Base Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!