Used Pre-Kahr M1927 Thompson Value

PDA

.455_Hunter
December 3, 2006, 02:20 AM
Greetings,

I am looking at used pre-Kahr Auto Ordnance M1927 Thompson Deluxe in excellent condition (a couple of minor scuffs and dings) with three parkerized 30 rd stick mags.

The sticker price is $800. What should I offer?

I have heard that the pre-Kahrs tend to be better than the current production.

For reference, Sportmans Warehouse has a NIB equivalent w/ one mag for $879 right now.

Thanks for your input.

Hunter

If you enjoyed reading about "Used Pre-Kahr M1927 Thompson Value" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
streakr
December 3, 2006, 11:38 AM
If this one is marked "AutoOrdnance, West Hurley, New York" buy it at that price! It is well worth the price. If made before 1987 (I believe) it could be legally converted into a full suto subgun, unlike the Kahr AO.

I have a Kahr M1 model with the aluminum receiver and really like it. Try machinegunbooks.com and select Forums. The Thompson group can give you better information.

streakr

Zach S
December 3, 2006, 12:55 PM
I paid $600 for a 1927 Commando model, and a grand for a 1927A1. The 1927A1 was purchased during the AWB, and included a drum which sold for anywhere between $400 to $600 at the time. Both came with two 30rd sticks.

At $800, I might try to haggle the price down a little, but I would be willing to pay the $800 for it if I couldnt get it cheaper.

Judging by the Kahr Thompsons I've seen, I'd aviod them. My west hurly guns run like tops and look great, unlike the Kahrs I've seen. The Kahrs did have nicer wood though...

If made before 1987 (I believe) it could be legally converted into a full suto subgun, unlike the Kahr AO.
Not true. To be a legal Title II MG it would have had to been converted, and registered to an individual or LLC by May 19, 1986. MGs made after that date can only be transfered to LEAs, military, and dealers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Used Pre-Kahr M1927 Thompson Value" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!