CA compliant SIG 556??? Ha

PDA

10-Ring
December 3, 2006, 04:15 PM
I found another gun I can't own! THe 556 would be nice to have in this state...but I guess I just add it to my true "wish list" :evil: :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "CA compliant SIG 556??? Ha" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
30Cal
December 3, 2006, 06:00 PM
I wasn't aware that they existed outside of a sales brochure.

Ty

SoCalShooter
December 3, 2006, 06:06 PM
I wasn't aware that they existed outside of a sales brochure.

I thought counter-strike was the only place where I could find a 556 and yes you wont be allowed to have a 556 in the DPRK.

trbon8r
December 3, 2006, 10:53 PM
Maybe so or maybe not.

Availability of the 556 in CA will depend upon whether an enterprising distributor from out of state can get together with an equally enterprising engineer; design and put together a CA legal conversion.

Installing a CA legal conversion would be easy. Simply install a pinned in non-detachable 10 round mag, which essentially gives you a Sig that loads by breaking open the action (as if you were going to clean the rifle). In fact since the 556 will supposedly take AR mags and the mag release button looks identical to the AR, there may already be existing parts available for the conversion.

AR-15 type rifles are already being sold by the thousands in CA and being built into perfectly legal fixed mag rifles. Trust me I know since I just moved out of CA, and bought 3 stripped AR lowers before I left. Go to www.calguns.net and look up "off list lower" and read until your heart is content. There is a ton of information there for you to read on the subject.

Sure it stinks being limited to a 10 round mag and a rifle you have to break open to load, but remember you also have a rifle that in less than 5 minutes can be restored to a fully functional detachable mag rifle for your Arizona and Nevada shooting fun. :evil: :evil: Not to mention you have a rifle that could be quickly, ahem........"upgraded" in the event of an emergency. :p

Of course the biggest problem with the above scenario is waiting for Sig to get their act together and actually start producing guns.

Number 6
December 4, 2006, 01:07 AM
Cali legal Sig 556 = Monsterman Grip + Muzzlebrake + Fixed Stock. Or you can do the way that trbon8r has outlined above. If the laws stay the way they currently are, then I do not see how either configuration would be Cali legal.

If you enjoyed reading about "CA compliant SIG 556??? Ha" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!