Will a Scorpion Light fit a 1" scope ring?

PDA

Shipwreck
December 3, 2006, 09:51 PM
Instead of buying a $25-$30 mount, I was thinking of just buying a set of scope rings at Wal-Mart, and attaching my Streamlight Scoprion light to the rail. But, measuring the light with a ruler - it looks like its slightly under 1" across.

Anyone tried this? Is it officially 1" across? I've looked online and only see the length listed. I do not have the LED version, and that's the only one that has all the dimensions listed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Will a Scorpion Light fit a 1" scope ring?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Still 2 Many Choices!?
December 3, 2006, 10:04 PM
I have the LED Scorpion Stream light, and will measure it for you tonight if I can. Even if it is too small, that would be an easy enough fix. You could probably do it with stuff you have at home already.

Shipwreck
December 3, 2006, 10:17 PM
Ok, thanks. the dimensions of the LED version are listed, but not the standard version.

But, I think the dimensions for the LED that are listed is at the fattest part near the head. I'm interested in the body of the tube part - where I would attach a ring mount.

Thanks.

3rdpig
December 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
I don't have my Scorpion here to measure it, but I know it's slightly too small for a 1" ring. I mounted it by cutting a small strip of inner tube and used as a spacer and it worked fine.

Hoppy590
December 4, 2006, 12:27 AM
i agree use some rubber, and if anyone asks is "shock issolation materiel" or "inertial dampners"

( wow i lost my ability to spell )

Shipwreck
December 4, 2006, 07:28 AM
Ok, thanks.

Do they make sub 1" scope rings?

If you enjoyed reading about "Will a Scorpion Light fit a 1" scope ring?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!