Kablooey

PDA

rbernie
December 4, 2006, 11:32 AM
Can't recall seeing this here before - a pretty spectacular rifle kablooey (http://www.thegunzone.com/kablooey.html) from Dean Speir's site. Dang, I hate it when that happens.... :eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Kablooey" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sylvilagus Aquaticus
December 4, 2006, 05:56 PM
Hiya R.

I posted it a couple of weeks ago and immediately got flamed. Seems they'd 'seen it already 4x here'.

Myself, I think it's a good thing to be mindful of. It's a dumb mistake any of us could potentially make, I'm sorry to say.

Holler sometime and let's go shoot a round at B.T. or somewhere.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Manedwolf
December 4, 2006, 06:26 PM
It's something I warn people about with K-31s, too. If someone uses the iron sights, they'd notice that they'd left the snap-on muzzle cover on it. But if they scope it... a .308 hitting solid metal at the muzzle would likely be...unpleasant.

I have a mini keychain "remove before flight" red tag on mine.

Hud
December 4, 2006, 09:32 PM
Let's see Mythbusters try THAT one!
Hud

Don't Tread On Me
December 4, 2006, 09:50 PM
WOW! I thought that was a photoshop job since 99.9% of kabooms are some form of case failure and not bore obstructions.

rbernie
December 4, 2006, 09:57 PM
Seems they'd 'seen it already 4x here'. Everyone's being nice to me today, evidently... Must be my charm and good looks...

Holler sometime and let's go shoot a round at B.T. or somewhere.
I'm there every Friday between 4PM and 5:30PM. It's my end-of-week decompression therapy. :D

hksw
December 4, 2006, 10:13 PM
They should try stuff like this on Guns and Ammo TV instead of that kitty litter/baseball bat crap. Obstructed barrels, mismatched ammo, proofloads, etc.

Jim K
December 4, 2006, 10:21 PM
FWIW, those military muzzle covers (Swiss, German, Swedish) don't enter the barrel and are far too light to cause a barrel to blow. You just get a muzzle cover with a hole through it and bent into trash by the muzzle blast.

In order for the barrel to split like that you need an obstruction, like a stuck bullet or, well, a bore sighter.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Kablooey" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!