Found my Marlin 30A 30-30

PDA

ldyates
December 5, 2006, 11:13 AM
I just found my Glenfield/Marlin 30A that I bought back in 1981 as my first rifle. Brother-in-law had been shooting coyotes with it for 20 years... I must have loaned it to him.

I have never fired this rifle. I know they still make them, but I am curious if I should just clean it up and store it or take it out to meet some hogs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found my Marlin 30A 30-30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
foghornl
December 5, 2006, 11:51 AM
Skip the step abuot storing the rifle...but you got the rest of it just right...

Clean it up if needed, then take it out for some introductions to hogs & Bambis....

hoghunting
December 6, 2006, 12:11 AM
As there were so many Marlins made, yours doesn't have any collector's value. Clean it and shoot it. Why should your B-I-L have all the fun with it?

el44vaquero
December 6, 2006, 12:42 AM
Clean it and blast away. :)

ldyates
December 6, 2006, 09:35 AM
Having my Gunsmith give it a good mechanical once over. No telling where this thing has been, so I want to make sure it is safe to fire before I shoot.

Hogs are going to have a bad day when I get it back. They have ruined our hunting lease!!

dwschoon
December 6, 2006, 12:05 PM
I think everyone should own at least one 30-30 levergun. I plan to get one eventually.

achildofthesky
December 8, 2006, 08:49 PM
I know it is a cool feeling regardless of make and model. Do take it out and enjoy.

Patty

If you enjoyed reading about "Found my Marlin 30A 30-30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!