Received my first C&R purchase today

PDA

Erinyes
December 5, 2006, 12:34 PM
I was awakened this morning by the UPS fairy knocking on my door. He brought me my new-to-me No.4 Mk.I Enfield from J&G Sales. :D

The rifle is in pretty decent shape and the bore is nice and shiney. Now I've just gotta clean her up bring this old girl back to life.

I have to say this C&R thing is going to be pretty addictive. I just hope my wallet can take it. I've already got my eye on a K31 and two or three Mosins. :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Received my first C&R purchase today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
December 5, 2006, 12:44 PM
know what, better get 4 or 5 mosins, you know incase you have to fight the Huns in the mother land. once you get one, you will want them all. a M91, M91/30. m38, m44. one of each from Tula and Izhevsk. then of each in round and hex reciever. ( you will dream about the 1907 carbine)

dont even get me started ont he finns... :neener:

congrats on the C&R. stock up!

ocabj
December 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
Garands, 1903s, Carbines, Swedish Mausers, K31s, Finn M39s. Those should be at the top of your list.

Obviously get some Russian Mosin Nagants and 8mm Mausers, too, but the first ones mentioned should be high priority.

Niner
December 6, 2006, 01:57 AM
The most important thing is never tell your wife how many you have or how much they are all worth in total. Just write it all down in your log so when you are dead she can find out when she disposes of them to pay for her cruise around the world and her new luxury car.

Erinyes
December 6, 2006, 05:16 AM
Fortunately Niner, I'm quite single. Besides, I'm a little young for marriage :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Received my first C&R purchase today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!