Possibly redundant thought re states in for sales

PDA

dmallind
December 5, 2006, 03:20 PM
I fully understand the need for states to be posted in ads as laws and seller/buyer preferences vary widely.

But is it possible to make it easier to organize or search by state? Or even segregate by FTF only vs. will ship. I have no objection to buying out of state (or selling for that matter if shipping costs are negotiated) but I know some do.

It's just a bit frustrating to find a gun you have interest in properly listed with a state, then read through the ad only to find out it's FTF only 1000 miles away. It's also difficult to search for states when abbreviations vary and the standard zip code prefix is not specific enough for a search to run so I can't even filter by Nebraska listings.

I am undoubtedly not the first to comment on this but I wonder if any of these ideas is feasible:

Create subforums for each state
Subforum for FTF only
If not the above than mandate an FTF only indicator on the title
Have the lister choose from a drop down list of states rather than free text entry - to make search terms consistent

Any other thoughts out there?

If you enjoyed reading about "Possibly redundant thought re states in for sales" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Possibly redundant thought re states in for sales" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!