WASR-3 or Saiga .223

PDA

Saiga39
December 5, 2006, 04:50 PM
I'm thinking about a .223 rifle. I already have a 7.62x39 Saiga Conversion so I'm familiar with Saiga's.

Can someone give me opionions on the WASR-3?

If you enjoyed reading about "WASR-3 or Saiga .223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
December 5, 2006, 05:23 PM
I just went thru this same decision process in the last couple /three weeks. Of the two, I believe that the Saiga is nicer from a build/quality perspective. The fact that it's cheaper doesn't hurt, either.

The only reason to go for a WASR-3/SAR-3 is to avoid having to install a bullet guide yourself. Of course, the tradeoff is that the WASR-3 is going to have wobbly mags, occasional feed issues, and a FCG that should probably be immediately replaced by a Red Star unit (or so I'm told).

Correia
December 5, 2006, 06:25 PM
The Saiga will be more accurate than the Wasr.

I've gone through bunches of each, and though there are some real stand out .223 Romanian parts guns out there, they are real hit or miss.

rangerruck
December 5, 2006, 07:54 PM
my 223 saiga is an absolute dream. no and i mean, no kick. Accuracy is moa with several diff brands of ammo, at 100 yds!!! so nice. plus it can handle the heavyweight bullets, because of the fast twist.

RockyMtnTactical
December 5, 2006, 11:54 PM
A Saiga is a better made firearm.

If you enjoyed reading about "WASR-3 or Saiga .223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!