Skunk! Is this you?!

PDA

ShaiVong
May 23, 2003, 11:08 PM
SKUNKY! (http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/sport.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Skunk! Is this you?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Frohickey
May 23, 2003, 11:12 PM
Thats not Skunky... thats Oleg.

Byron Quick
May 23, 2003, 11:19 PM
Oleg

ShaiVong
May 23, 2003, 11:26 PM
hrm, remember those pictures skunk posted of himself infront of his bathroom door? I have to see those again now.

Schuey2002
May 24, 2003, 12:06 AM
Here's Mr. Skunky...:D
http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/arctic_banjo.jpg

cool45auto
May 24, 2003, 12:17 AM
:D :neener:

Skunkabilly
May 24, 2003, 12:41 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=200656

:D

firestar
May 24, 2003, 03:16 AM
What the heck is behind that door Skunkability?:D

Feanaro
May 24, 2003, 05:26 AM
The terrorists of course! Why else would he be in full Skunkabilly(TM) outfit?

Bruce H
May 24, 2003, 09:21 AM
The great outdoors is outside. Skunk like some of the rest of us recognize it is a dangerous place. Be prepaired grasshopper.

Or his tactical bugout SPAM ran and hid.

TarpleyG
May 24, 2003, 10:33 AM
Why else would he be in full Skunkabilly(TM) outfit?
What else would he be wearing? He doesn't own anything else.

GT

Tamara
May 24, 2003, 10:45 AM
That little magazine in his M1A is so cute. ;)

Kaylee
May 24, 2003, 02:23 PM
oooohh....

Tam, that's just evil. Picking on those in Occupied Territory like that.... bad girl!

:)

-K

El Tejon
May 24, 2003, 02:29 PM
Well, the smaller mag possesses far more tacticality: keeps weight of the weapon down, allows easier reloads, easier to go prone, less expensive in carbon fiber, and Skunk has them.

Jeff White
May 24, 2003, 03:15 PM
Skunk,
What kind of holster is that? Eagle, SOE? can't tell from the pic.

If you remove the top leg strap and wear it higher, you'll find it rides better and it'll be easier to move. Adjust it so it places your weapon just below where your body armor or tac vest would be.

Maybe some suspenders for you first line belt. That way the weight of the pistol and other gear won't pull it down.

HTH
Jeff

Skunkabilly
May 24, 2003, 08:13 PM
>> What kind of holster is that? Eagle, SOE? can't tell from the pic.
Because you asked: ;)
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=200918

>> If you remove the top leg strap and wear it higher, you'll find it rides better and it'll be easier to move. Adjust it so it places your weapon just below where your body armor or tac vest would be.

No body armor or tac vest for me...yet :D So you're talking about the high part where the buckle thingy is?

>> Maybe some suspenders for you first line belt. That way the weight of the pistol and other gear won't pull it down.

Oooh you mean I have an excuse to buy a chest rig or LBV? :D (stay tuned for Tactical Poser v2.0)

Jeff White
May 24, 2003, 08:51 PM
Oooh you mean I have an excuse to buy a chest rig or LBV? (stay tuned for Tactical Poser v2.0)

Where are you carrying extra magazines now, in the CB Motherlode?

LBV, chest rigs, depends on what you intend to do. LBVs are better for dismounted movement carrying large amounts of gear. Chest rigs are good for mounted movement and CQB.

Divide your loadout into layers.

First Line: Basic survival necessities. Handgun, ammunition.

Second Line: What you'll fight with, spare ammo, body armor..etc.

Third Line: sustainment gear, sleeping bags, shelter, rations etc.

Decide what your mission is and equip yourself accordingly.

A lot of guys use suspenders on their first line belt. Not big LBE suspenders but thin ones that will ride comfortably under your second line gear.

You'll probably want to move your USP45C to your second line gear, so you can access it while kitted up.

Of course little of this is necessary for a home defense. And for a SHTF situation you might want to appear a little less uh tactical

Jeff

Skunkabilly
May 24, 2003, 09:10 PM
>> Where are you carrying extra magazines now, in the CB Motherlode?

I had two magpouches that I sold, right now I carry them in a Royal Robbins 5.11 ahem..Tactical vest. It's handy because it'll fit .223, .308 mags or about 16 shotshells.

>> Of course little of this is necessary for a home defense. And for a SHTF situation you might want to appear a little less uh tactical

Of course :D I don't even go to the range dressed like this, I just do it here so you guys can laugh at me :p

Right now I use either my Royal Robbins vest or a Domke photographer's jacket.

ShaiVong
May 24, 2003, 10:02 PM
Skunk, my fine furry friend, if i saw you at the range like that... I would probably hug you! (so i could Tactical Pickpocket some of that Tactical gear!):D

Andrew Wyatt
May 24, 2003, 10:51 PM
I still think you should get that SKS, the appropriate sks chest webbing, and whatnot and post a pic of you like that.

firestar
May 24, 2003, 10:57 PM
Skunkability.:D I'm still laughing about that one!

tex_n_cal
May 24, 2003, 11:04 PM
ummm...Skunky....

...in that first photo, how you gonna play the banjo with gloves???:neener:

Frohickey
May 24, 2003, 11:36 PM
That little magazine in his M1A is so cute.

meanie. :p

Crimper-D
May 24, 2003, 11:42 PM
I'm particularly happy to see pics of you in your Tactical splendor -
Minus the one thing that makes this type of getup so screamingly FUNNY in most instances = a large "Tactical Beergut!":neener: :rolleyes: :D

NICE Banjo too! :)

Jeff White
May 25, 2003, 01:07 AM
Skunk,
Maybe you should get into airsoft? At least you'd get some use out of all your tactical toys.

Jeff

Andrew Wyatt
May 25, 2003, 02:27 AM
http://www.cnn.com/news.stories/bagdadbob/skunkabilly/index.cfm (http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612363632)

CNN has the full story.

Gewehr98
May 26, 2003, 02:26 AM
Fair enough. Didn't think the Army of Runts thing was gonna stay in the Baghdad Bob top 50 for as long as it did, anyway! :D

sm
May 26, 2003, 02:51 AM
I think the next "hot spot" should have the Army of Runts, Skunkabilly ,photos and videos...sent ahead. I bet they back down.

Can we try this in france...as a test...please;)

Ivanimal
May 26, 2003, 05:56 AM
I think that larger Magazines are a compensator for other things.

Feanaro
May 26, 2003, 06:23 AM
I thought that was longer compensators, to compensate for other things?

If you enjoyed reading about "Skunk! Is this you?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!