Speed Loader for PT111

PDA

captainmorgan
December 5, 2006, 09:11 PM
Is there a speedloader that works for the Millenium Pro PT111?

If you enjoyed reading about "Speed Loader for PT111" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CWL
December 5, 2006, 09:45 PM
Do you mean mag-loader or "thumb-saver"? Speed loaders are for revolvers.

There are several "universal" magazine loaders designed to load doublestack 9mm mags. You may want to hand-test one at a gunshop if you are wary about buying one online without first trying.

captainmorgan
December 6, 2006, 06:25 AM
I found a magazine speedloader on Midway's web site that might work. I will have to see if a local shop has one and test it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=410917

Just noticed that this is for a single stack. I will have to look for a double stack loader.

Thanks

AnthonyRSS
December 6, 2006, 10:10 AM
My PT145 came with one. Check out Taurus' website and see what they have.

Anthony

captainmorgan
December 6, 2006, 10:36 AM
The only thing I see on the taurus website for parts is grip and mag's.

ZeSpectre
December 6, 2006, 10:57 AM
I think I remember someone telling me that the HKS #940 "Double Stack Magazine Speedloader" will work on the PT-111. Never tried it though so I can't say for certain and I -may- be thinking of the PT-101 so I'd recommend you check for yourself.

Do you mean mag-loader or "thumb-saver"? Speed loaders are for revolvers.

Traditionally I might agree with you, but as they say "things have changed". The mechanical device I have for reloading my .40 S&W guns is manufactured by HKS and...

-The manufacturer calls it a "Double Stack Magazine Speedloader".
-You find it under the search heading "speedloader".
-An online search of "speedloader" will lead you to the product whereas "thumbsaver" only seems to lead to a device for pounding nails.
-I agree that it saves my thumbs from wear and tear, but it also greatly speeds the reloading of my magazines so I'm not sure it's a misnomer. :D

SSN Vet
December 6, 2006, 01:21 PM
On my PT-111 Pro...........

loosened up with use and isn't bad at all now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Speed Loader for PT111" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!