HK USP45 What's it Worth

PDA

Rinspeed
May 24, 2003, 01:49 PM
To fund another project I'm considering letting
my USP go and need some help with the value. It
is the Variant 1 full size ANIB with less than 250
rounds through it. It is two - tree years old with the internal lock. I have all paperwork and
the box and lock. I have a NIW pre ban high cap
factory mag to go with the 10 rounders. Also I
have two holsters, a Kramer belt slide and Galco
Concealable. What would be a fair price to ask
or would I be better off splitting up the holsters
and the 12 round mag. Thanks for the help.

Rinspeed

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USP45 What's it Worth" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarpleyG
May 24, 2003, 04:16 PM
About $100. Just drop me a note via PM and I'll take it off your hands for ya.:evil:

GT

Doc
May 24, 2003, 04:19 PM
IMHO, try to sell it all together. Used holsters have little value without the gun,
might even bundle them in with the purchase as a selling point. Any idea what the gun is worth alone?

Usually, guns like cars lose 20% as soon as you take them out the door (unless its something with an established secondary market ie pre ban AR 15).

So if the gun cost $+/-700 new it's worth something like $560 now.

So if the gun is worth $600
and the high cap mag $100,
2 ten rnd mags $75, =$150
and the 2 hosters $100

consider asking $900 to move it quickly and get the cash,
or $1150 if you are concerned about getting all your money out for holsters etc.

gudel
May 24, 2003, 07:02 PM
$1150? i wouldn't pay more than $600 for that.

Onslaught
May 24, 2003, 07:08 PM
Although HK's have a big fat NEW tag on them, and they are great pistols, the two times I've tried to sell one used in excellent shape I couldn't get $500 for either of them...

I'd sell the mag seperately for sure... Holsters are one thing, but it is quite normal (especially in Glock-land) to get more money for the hi-caps seperate rather than let the whole deal go together.

Doc
May 24, 2003, 07:09 PM
the numbers were just as an example.

Personnally, I have never been able to get much for the accessories. So now I just roll them into the sale price.

I am not sure how expensive the HK magazines are, or how much the high cap mag is worth. (note the "IF" in my post)

Further, if it's just the gun, you are correct (ca$600) but depending on demand and supply of HK 45's you may be able to get SOME MORE if sold with all the accessories :cool:

10-Ring
May 24, 2003, 07:10 PM
The gun itself would be about $500 w/ 2 factory mags, case it came with, manual & key for internal lock. The extra mag is worth $100 - $150 and you can charge for the leather or throw it in.

Onslaught
May 25, 2003, 12:42 AM
Hey Doc, don't take it personal... it wasn't an attack (we don't do that here), it was just another point of view :cool:

I agree that $500 should be a good price, especially with holsters involved. The hardest of the USP's to sell (from what I've seen) are the USP40's. The .45' s do hold their value a bit more, but then they should, since they usually cost more to start with!

Around here, a USP45 "pre-ban" (ooh duck for flames, that's a controversial subject :) ) 12 round magazine is worth between $80 & $100 if it's brand spanking new, depending on whether or not Robert Johnson has a batch for sale for $79 at the time... On HKPro, your post will get deleted and you'll get called names for even trying.

There's definitely a market for them though.

Good luck on your sale. ;)

Ala Dan
May 25, 2003, 01:59 AM
Greeting's All-

In my neck of the woods (central DixieLand) the fair
market price for the gun would be about $525.00;
with all those accesory's you may be able to squeeze
out $600.00, but definitely NO more!:( :uhoh:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Doc
May 25, 2003, 03:48 PM
OnSlaught: no offense taken, sometimes inflection doesn't accompany posts.

My 'advice' was merely a formula to figure out price (clearly THR group as a whole has had same experience as I in selling accesories - they add little value) hard for me to determine resale price living in Michigan (no C&R, no NFA, :( )

Doc
May 25, 2003, 03:52 PM
I have found the same with my Para LDA 12-45. It's worth $550 with the two hi cap magazines which were bought with it. Here's the rub, I have an additional 10 hi cap pre ban legal NIB. Prices range anywhere from $38 to $100 each.

Only guy I found interested wanted me to THROW IN ALL THE MAGAZINES and then he would buy the gun. (HEAVY SIGH) Nope, just not worth it.

Humble Texan
May 26, 2003, 11:12 PM
It is worth what you can get. Just remember, you will never get more than you ask. Start high and you can always drop.

Good luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USP45 What's it Worth" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!