Who imported the previous batches of Ishy 7.62 Enfields?

PDA

jagdpanzer347
December 8, 2006, 04:48 PM
Greetings all. I stumbled across a REALLY nice 2A at a local militaria store the other day. About 95% grey parkerizing, two small splices in the handguard, and not one trace of black paint! I know there were 2A/2A1s imported before AIM's current lot. I believe in the mid-ninties perhaps? Can anyone tell me who the importer(s) were, where their stamps are located, and what the condition of these rifles were? Any comparisons to AIM's current crop would be good as well. Thanks in advance.

-jagd

If you enjoyed reading about "Who imported the previous batches of Ishy 7.62 Enfields?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
December 8, 2006, 05:03 PM
jag, I remember buying a couple in '96 or '97. They were better looking the ones I recently purchased, not as dirty, "cleaner" is how gun nuts would describe them. Sold them to a buddy who moved to Missouri.

His Christmas letter advises his boys, toddlers when he lived here, are now shooting my rifles.:) They went to better uses than sitting in my basement safes.

Do not remember the importer. I remember ordering mine out of SG via an FFL downtown.

jagdpanzer347
December 8, 2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info El Tejon. You wouldn't happen to remember what they were selling for back then, would you? I paid two-fifty for my new one. Admittedly a premium over the one's from AIM, but I felt the condition warranted it.

-jagd

Ash
December 8, 2006, 08:13 PM
Heh, I paid $75 a piece for the two I once owned from Rose's. They were Century imports and in pretty good shape. One had the newer, plainer rear sight, the other the full 2,000 meter sight. That was in 1998.

Ash

If you enjoyed reading about "Who imported the previous batches of Ishy 7.62 Enfields?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!