Name this rifle?

PDA

doubled
December 8, 2006, 08:45 PM
Gave a co-worker a ride home the other day, we got to talking about milsurp rifles, he told me he had one to show me, went into his house he came out with a bolt action rifle and handed it to me, had a dark wood stock and a barrel looked to be about 24 inches long, all the metal on the rifle looked almost as if it had been powdered coated, the weird part is there was no markings on the gun , no name, no caliber, no serial number, I could not see where any grinding had been done on the rifle, all my co-worker could tell me about it was it was 308, and he had got it from his father who died several years ago, any ideas?.

If you enjoyed reading about "Name this rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
December 8, 2006, 08:51 PM
Ishapore enfield is my quesse

http://users2.ev1.net/~lertsman/riflepics/ishapore.jpg

AJAX22
December 8, 2006, 09:02 PM
I agree with Hoppy, Ishy's are the only surp 308's that I know of that come with that nasty paint finish.

Mr White
December 8, 2006, 09:15 PM
I would name it Prudence. A good British-sounding name.
Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?

JohnKSa
December 8, 2006, 11:22 PM
The paint is often thick enough to obscure or partially obscure the markings.

If you enjoyed reading about "Name this rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!