Millett Red Dots?

PDA

Skunkabilly
May 24, 2003, 08:02 PM
I know they're cheap and probably no Aimpoint or EOTech, but are they reliable?

If you enjoyed reading about "Millett Red Dots?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ky Larry
May 24, 2003, 09:12 PM
I've never had a Millet Red Dot on a long gun. I have one on my S&W 686 .357 mag. No problems after 2000+ rounds. Hope this helps

Crimper-D
May 24, 2003, 10:47 PM
My little non-USGI M1 Carbine. It's been there for a couple of years, a couple of battery changes and several sledloads of ball and SP ammo. Works fer Me! - No complaints.:cool:

swifter
May 24, 2003, 10:51 PM
Got one on my Mark 1 Ruger Target, its sort of fun for a .22. mostly, they are too bulky, might as well cripple yourself with a scope. I like handguns to be "handy", not imitation carbines!:what:
Tom

Skunkabilly
May 24, 2003, 11:04 PM
I'm probably going to pick up a $180 Yugo SKS and the Millett Redot and mount package (replaces rear sight) for a dummy cheapie car gun.

3 gun
May 25, 2003, 04:21 AM
I had that setup on a Russian SKS that I could kick myself for selling. It works well, so well that I bought just the SP1 scope and put it on my M1a. It hasn't been able to break it or shake the zero. A big thumbs up for this well made, inexpensive scope.

DMK
May 25, 2003, 07:00 PM
Skunkabilly, I'm glad you brought this up. I was trying to decide wether to get one myself. Natchez has a couple models on sale right now.

hps1
May 26, 2003, 01:25 AM
Have an SP 1 on a 10/22 that I really like. I do suspect that the 3moa dot is in reality larger than that. Seems to cover more like 3" @ 50 yards which would make it 6MOA but w/proper size target, is quite accurate.

Regards,
hps

Kernel
May 26, 2003, 07:26 PM
Old Thread. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=18044&highlight=millett)

On my [Ruger SBH] Hunter I've used a Millett dot sight and an Ultra Dot. The Millett lasted around 200 rds of heavy loads. Then it "spontaneously disassembled." I then put a 30mm Ultra Dot on the Hunter and it's held up fine. The Millett was replaced under warranty and is now on a .22lr Ruger MkII Slabside.

I like my Millett 30mm Redot sight. The optics are better than the Ultra Dot, IMO. I just won't put the Millett on a big bore magnum handgun. -- Kernel

If you enjoyed reading about "Millett Red Dots?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!