polymer choices

PDA

tango3065
December 10, 2006, 12:20 AM
Glock, s&w M&P, or XD which would you choose for a BOB gun that will only get shot about 2-3 hundred rounds a year? I like the glock but the m&p and the XD are cheaper on the wallet, but do you think the m&P will last as long or be as durable as the glock?

If you enjoyed reading about "polymer choices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Edmond
December 10, 2006, 12:50 AM
I think the XD's are very nice guns. If you're only shooting a few hundred a year, just get the one that's easiest on the wallet, IMO.

Snowdog
December 10, 2006, 01:17 AM
I don't mean to cause you any distractions, but it might be worth saying.
If light on the wallet is what you're looking for, you may want to also look at Steyr's M series as well. I bought a NIB Steyr M40 from CDNN a few months ago for $299. It appears built stronger than a Glock and it's no less accurate than my G19. I don't recall if it has polygonal rifling, but I'm fairly certain my M40 has a supported chamber and a 12+1 capacity.

A great pistol for the money that might still be found at some of the internet auction sites and gunshows.

10-Ring
December 10, 2006, 06:15 PM
I would go w/ Glock - if budget conscience, I'd go pre-owned :D

doubleg
December 10, 2006, 06:35 PM
Glock 35

I know I love 1911's but this is one of the only polymer pistols that really impressed me. The slightly longer slide adds accuracy and lowers recoil a little. Seen one earlier today sell for 400 used with not a trace of wear on the finish.;)

http://www.davesguns.com/serverpics/FirearmsPage/Glock-35--01.jpg

Ala Dan
December 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
I suggest tak'in a longer look at Springfields XD line; especially since you
get the GEAR package (belt holster, mag loader, and double mag pouch
'bout $70 worth of accesssory's) for the initial cost of the gun~!:cool: ;) :D

Babalouie
December 10, 2006, 07:56 PM
Of the XD and the M&P I sold the XD and kept the M&P. Love it, can't wait to get a 40. compact.

tango3065
December 10, 2006, 07:56 PM
ALA tell me about the XD, reliability, durability, longevity, also has the slide finish/rust issues been took care of? This guns purpose is gonna be a forever BOB/shtf gun and whatever I get I will be ordering at least 10 high caps and spare recoil springs and other parts the same day I get it.

BTW I can get a xd9 for round 100 bucks cheaper than the g19 but the thing I like most about the glock is the ability to change trigger springs out to achive a lighter or stronger pull (8 Lbs is what I want it at for a while), and the plentiful parts and mags for cheap. Also the M&P is now out of the picture probably, because it hasn't been around long enough for a proven track record even though I am sure it is a great weapon.

M&P9C
December 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
M&P or Glock...XD levers and safety still rust regardless if they melonite the slides now.

JDGray
December 11, 2006, 09:17 AM
Ok, whats a BOB gun?:D

tango3065
December 11, 2006, 05:58 PM
BOB = Bug Out Bag, also can mean SHTF bag, or can also be used as a general out and about in the wilderness bag.

If you enjoyed reading about "polymer choices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!