Removing the trigger group on a new SKS

PDA

cnemeth
May 25, 2003, 05:45 AM
Hi,

I've been trying to field strip my new Yugo SKS to get rid of the cosomline, but I can't remove the trigger group.

I know that I'm suppossed to use a punch to push the small circle on little button behind the trigger guard to release the trigger group, but I cannot get it to work.

It feels like the button is not omving at all, even with the help of a small hammer.

Is there a trick that I'm missing or is it just frozen in place with cosmoline?

Thanks
Chris Nemeth

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing the trigger group on a new SKS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Triad
May 25, 2003, 09:20 AM
IIRC you can't remove the trigger group if the hammer is foward or if the safety is disengaged. So cycle the action, do NOT pull the trigger to uncock the mechanism, make sure the safety is engaged then try.

HTH.

Destructo6
May 25, 2003, 04:02 PM
By "engaged" he means the weapon should be on safe. Cocked and on safe or you'll never get the trigger group out.

DMK
May 25, 2003, 07:51 PM
Good advice above.

Also when putting it back together, put the mag in first, hook the front part of the trigger group in it's notches, then lay the rifle upside down on something padded. Push the trigger group down and foreward until it snaps in. It can sometimes take a lot of preassure to get them back together.

Here's a good site for reference:

http://will.mylanders.com/shot/sks/

cnemeth
May 27, 2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the info, I had the safety on.

Chris Nemeth

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing the trigger group on a new SKS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!