FAL Parts and misc.

PDA

Ian Sean
May 25, 2003, 06:27 AM
I'm finally getting around to building my FAL. I just want to pass on to anyone interested about the folks at GunThings.com.

They have a pretty good selection, and the service was fast, they must have shipped the same day they got the order. Parts were as advertised.

I'm very happy with them.

I have a line on Imbel recievers with the FFL I deal with, does anyone know if there are any decent parts kits left out there?

If you enjoyed reading about "FAL Parts and misc." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Taurus 617 CCW
May 25, 2003, 10:24 PM
I am in the process of assembling my imbel kit right now. I just
installed the new receiver for it last week. You know, there are
few things in life more beautiful than a new gun (except a woman who likes guns).
Here are a few places you can look to shop for your parts kit. I found my kit on
gunthings.com before they were all snagged up. Here's a list of other sources:
Tapco.com
MidwayUSA.com
Gunbroker.com
Gunsnstuff.net
If you're looking for a receiver I would look on gunbroker. I picked mine up for $230.
At gunstuff.net I saw some receivers for much cheaper so you may want to check that
out first. Good luck and let me know how the kit comes along.
:rolleyes:

Ian Sean
May 26, 2003, 12:56 AM
I already have an Imbel parts kit, new Imbel reciever, what I am thinking about is building another one already!

I payed $230 for my reciever as well, and a friend and myself split the difference on all the tooling up.

So far so good. My finish came out great. I used Brownells dark parkerizing gray baking laquer and it came out pretty good.

I was skeptical at first but I had some scrap steel I painted first. I then proceeded to torture the finish and it holds up quite well.

Final assembly is in progress, then headspacing, and away to the range I go!

Problem is, I want another one!!!

Every source for kits is OUT!, I will check Gunbroker though, I haven't checked them yet.

I procrastinated to long on this project.

Thanks for the feedback.

redhead
June 6, 2003, 10:19 AM
I sure hope none of you guys bought your kits from Inter Ordinance. The BATF is confiscating those. They're call them "machine guns".

Taurus 617 CCW
June 6, 2003, 11:05 AM
Sure didn't get mine from inter ordnance. I purchased my kit from gunthings.com when they were still available.:cool:

Pointman
June 8, 2003, 03:36 AM
Dan's Sporting Goods (http://falparts.com) is supposed to be getting some more early import Imbel kits in sometime this month.

There is also the falfiles.com (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php) marketplace, kits are sold there regularly. You can even find an occassional Izzy HB kit if you watch

Tapco has complete uppers and complete lowers for Imbel's or G1's. Still need some middle parts but the parts are all available (for now).

gunsnstuff.net also has Type 1 receivers made by Dan Coonan.... I've used 2 and love them dearly. The cheap receivers are Century Arms, have that dremel ready :rolleyes:

[edited to add] And you're right about GunThings.com, they're great to deal with. Plus they have lots of stuff impossible to find elsewhere, especially Common Wealth and Israeli parts.

Ian Sean
June 9, 2003, 03:41 AM
I'm waiting for Dans, but if I have to I will part one together from Tapco and other sources.

If you enjoyed reading about "FAL Parts and misc." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!