RRA 2 stage trigger problems

PDA

rkh
December 13, 2006, 03:38 PM
High Roaders,

I've somehow fouled up the second stage of my Entry Tactical's 2 stage trigger. The second stage is completely missing. I'm left with a light, creepy trigger and have no idea how to correct it.

An individual on another forum suggested that I might have debris on the disconnector, but it looks clean to me. Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "RRA 2 stage trigger problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jackal
December 13, 2006, 03:52 PM
How many rounds have been fired with that trigger? I ask because it is common for the 2 stage trigger to wear out and turn into a glitchy, single stage after about 1,000-2,000rds or so.

rkh
December 13, 2006, 03:56 PM
'Hard for me to say. I bought the gun second-hand, and the trigger gave out after about 150 rounds on my first range trip.

Maybe the dealer won't charge me to have his gunsmith fix it. :uhoh:

Bottom Gun
December 14, 2006, 08:54 AM
I am having a similar problem with my AR-10. The two stage RRA trigger pulls like a two stage at times and like a light single stage at other times.

I discovered it pulls perfectly when I have the upper receiver off or simply hinged up. The bolt carrier apparently has some influence on it. I can't figure out what is happening.
My lower and the trigger group is perfectly clean and free of any grit or debris.

I have these two stage RRA triggers in two of my AR-15's as well. These triggers have performed perfectly each and every time. They also have seen 200 times more use than the AR-10 trigger, maybe more.
If these two stage triggers do indeed wear out, the ones in the AR-15's should have worn out long ago.

I have been waiting for the new generation two stage McCormick triggers to hit the shelves so I can try one of them.
Meanwhile, this problem with the RRA trigger has me stumped.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks,

Ken

If you enjoyed reading about "RRA 2 stage trigger problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!