Whats wrong with this picture?

PDA

arinvolvo
May 25, 2003, 02:19 PM
Ok...we were taking pics this last range session....I noticed something silly about this picture...it is an awesome picture otherwise...

BTW, my brother wearing regular glasses instead of shooting gloasses isnt IT....there is something else silly with this pic.

And yes, it is an AR15 not an M16..and the fact that John Malkovich is in the background isnt IT either.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=293304

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats wrong with this picture?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheLastBoyScout
May 25, 2003, 02:24 PM
Does he still have the lenscover on the front of his scope?

Smoke
Well, for one, he has way too much finger in the trigger....

Fed168
The scope caps are still on?

Smoke
May 25, 2003, 02:25 PM
Second, I don't think there is any way he can be aiming through that scope.

Feanaro
May 25, 2003, 02:25 PM
The scope caps are still on?

TheLastBoyScout
May 25, 2003, 02:26 PM
Heheheh that was post # 223 :cool:

And I was quicker than BOTH of you on the draw:D

BusMaster007
May 25, 2003, 02:27 PM
Lens caps are still on ! :neener:

Smoke
May 25, 2003, 02:32 PM
This guy must be so uber-tactical he can look over the scope, find the fixed front sight and still put rounds on target. (or at least in the air)

Kaylee
May 25, 2003, 02:37 PM
well, the lens cap may be a mistake.. but what's WRONG in that picture is no flash suppressor on the end of that barrel!

(I bet the stock doesn't collapse either) ;)

-K

arinvolvo
May 25, 2003, 02:38 PM
You guys are right....the scope caps are still on....LastBoyScout got it..

Man I really underestimated you guys...I figured it would take more than 5 minutes to figure that out...

Look at the time of the postings...LBS got it exactly 5 minutes after I posted...

Man, you guys are good.

Kharn
May 25, 2003, 03:30 PM
1. Too much finger on the trigger.
2. Lens cap(s).
3. Non-existant cheek-weld.
4. Nose no where near the charging handle.
5. Red dot on the rifle backwards? (IIRC, the windage adjustment on most is on the right hand side)

Kharn

[Editted, because I cant spell lens...]

Andrew Wyatt
May 25, 2003, 03:37 PM
is that picture taken by the railway embankment outside inyokern?

arinvolvo
May 25, 2003, 03:40 PM
Sloan exit off of US 95 south, just outside of LAs Vegas NV.

Peetmoss
May 25, 2003, 04:08 PM
Kharn

That looks like the BSA that I have. If it is it's on correctly. The scope is setup bass ackwards.

Andrew Wyatt
May 25, 2003, 04:21 PM
aah, okay. same desert, just about five hours eastward.

I used to go to desert sportsman range a lot, back when the Swat 3 gun match was in vegas.

Nightcrawler
May 25, 2003, 06:20 PM
4. Nose no where near the charging handle.

I never put my nose on the charging handle on the M16. I find it terribly uncomfortable, and frankly, I can find my cheek weld without having a nose weld too. I think that that whole nose-to-charging handle dealy was thought up by the military to help new shooters who've never handled a rifle before in their lives find a consistent cheek weld with their eye the proper distance from the rear sight. For me, having my nose that far foreward is uncomfortable.

Kharn
May 25, 2003, 06:42 PM
Nightcrawler:
Dont let Skunkabilly catch you being that un-tactical. :p
I admit I cant get my nose on the handle without stretching, cause I am pretty short, but the closer the better with the A2 sight design (with a red dot, it doesnt matter as long as you're consistant, or have an Aimpoint).

Kharn

Nightcrawler
May 25, 2003, 07:46 PM
With the A2 it's even harder, given the longer stock. I can do it comfortably on the A1, I guess, I just don't. It feels unnatural.

RustyHammer
May 27, 2003, 01:32 PM
yeah, and look at that muzzle flash ..

Schuey2002
May 27, 2003, 02:16 PM
Where's the Molon Labe hat?! :scrutiny: ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats wrong with this picture?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!