Adjusting trigger slack?

PDA

Blakenzy
December 14, 2006, 07:35 PM
I would like to know if there is an aftermarket trigger for 1911 pistols that has a system that allows for easy adjustment of trigger slack or take-up. Most have a screw that allows for correction of overtravel but I have found no mention of correction for slack or take-up short of sending it to a pro gunsmith. Is there any drop in part out there that can solve this?

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjusting trigger slack?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HSMITH
December 14, 2006, 07:55 PM
Yes, there are a bunch of triggers out there with pre-travel adjustment. None of them are drop in though. I prefer the Nowlin triggers for single stack 1911's.

You need some pre-travel and some overtravel for the system to work correctly, between that and the trigger needing to be fitted I would advise you to find a good pistolsmith to help with this.

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjusting trigger slack?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!