Heritage 32mag opinions

PDA

Antihero
December 15, 2006, 12:21 AM
So has anyone owned one of these? I was kinda thinking of picking one up for...well plinking and having a 32 magnum i guess:D

I did have one of the older fixed sight 22 conv that i wasnt too impressed with but i have heard that the 32 mag is a pretty good gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Heritage 32mag opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Antihero
December 18, 2006, 01:00 AM
Anyone?

Hello?

<crickets>

mnrivrat
December 18, 2006, 02:23 AM
Yikes ! I was hoping someone had one and would comment !

Oh heck - I might just as well offer a somewhat invalid opinion ( I don't own one )

I am pleased with the .32 magnum cartridge and find revolvers in that chambering to be fun guns to shoot.

My experience with the Heritage guns has been with .22 RF models and the quality has been less than great. I haven't dealt with their current production guns however and maybe they have come up with better quality products these last years ?

Ruger single action revolvers in this chambering are still available but I have heard they will not be made past this year. If you can scrape up the funds for the Ruger , I would sure take one of those over the Heritage gun.

Antihero
December 18, 2006, 07:54 PM
And here i was hoping that the person that responded to my post actually had one:D

The thing is, this would be a plinker mostly and since the Heritage can be had for under 200 bucks im leaning towards that instaed of the much more expensive Ruger.

Gaucho Gringo
December 18, 2006, 10:28 PM
Hi. When I bought my Taurus Gaucho in .357\38 I was also looking at the Heritage .32 H&R mag. I would have bought the Heritage .32 H&R mag if the ammo costs had not been double that of .38. The gun is still there and I still might buy it if I don't buy a rifle. But the ammo is still expensiive IMHO. I liked the gun as I owned the .22 Heritage. They are not as refined as say Rugers which I have also owned in the the past but they are still servicable guns that don't cost a fortune. Hope this helps.

Antihero
December 18, 2006, 10:52 PM
How much was the Heritage?

45Frank
December 19, 2006, 08:37 PM
Well I have a .32 Ruger with the birdhead grip in stainless, a fine looking piece and a good shooter after some initial problems, factory repaired.
My cousin went for the Heritage don't recall if it was used or not but it was under 200.00. I could hit a softball at 25 feet all day off hand no sights.:neener:
His you can't hit the side of my barn at 10 feet.:cuss: My barn is 60' long and 20' high the bullets literally fly, anyplace. So there is my opinion. :)
Good day and Good luck.

Vern Humphrey
December 19, 2006, 08:48 PM
Since you ask for opinions, my opinion is that the ideal .32 Magnum is a Colt or Smith and Wesson .38 Special or .357 Magnum.

Such a revolver is far more versatile than the .32 Mag -- you can shoot anything from powder-puff .38 Special loads (my favorite small game load is a 148 grain hollow-based wadcutter loaded over 2.7 grains of Bullseye) to full charge self-defense loads. And in the case of the .357 you can even have a deer gun, if that's what you want.

wheezengeezer
December 19, 2006, 08:59 PM
the reason i bought a ruger 32 mag in the 80's was i wanted a light gun to carry all day,and i got tired of coyotes running off after they got hit with my 22.if you cant hit anything with a gun might as well throw firecrackers! 200 dollars of dissapointment isnt near as much fun as 600 dollars of fun!!

Antihero
December 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
Well I have a .32 Ruger with the birdhead grip in stainless, a fine looking piece and a good shooter after some initial problems, factory repaired.
My cousin went for the Heritage don't recall if it was used or not but it was under 200.00. I could hit a softball at 25 feet all day off hand no sights.
His you can't hit the side of my barn at 10 feet. My barn is 60' long and 20' high the bullets literally fly, anyplace. So there is my opinion.
Good day and Good luck.

Well thats discouraging, thats very similar to my experience with the 22 heritage.

Since you ask for opinions, my opinion is that the ideal .32 Magnum is a Colt or Smith and Wesson .38 Special or .357 Magnum.

Such a revolver is far more versatile than the .32 Mag -- you can shoot anything from powder-puff .38 Special loads (my favorite small game load is a 148 grain hollow-based wadcutter loaded over 2.7 grains of Bullseye) to full charge self-defense loads. And in the case of the .357 you can even have a deer gun, if that's what you want.

All very true and good advice but The Heritage might also be used as a CAS gun if its actually accurate. Also i have a failing for odd calibers and i want a 32mag even though i have a limited use for one.Im a bad person:D

DWARREN123
December 20, 2006, 06:29 AM
I will jump in here with my experience with the round. I have a Ruger SP-101, stainless, 4" barrel. It can be accurate if I load the cartridges with 85 or 100 gr Hornady HP/XTP bullets fast, even the lead bullets like to go fast.
The ammo is expensive and that is the main reason I started reloading and it has paid off.
As for power the 32 H&R magnum loaded up can give the 38 spl a very good run for the money with less recoil.
Since mine is a SP-101 it is heavy for cartridge size and recoil is almost nil.

If you enjoyed reading about "Heritage 32mag opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!