Dillon RL-300

PDA

Encoreman
December 15, 2006, 12:27 AM
Hi I found a RL-300 press for sale, I understand it precedes the 450, 550. Any comment from ya'll. I have a square deal B and a rockchucker, was thinking of a progressive to load .223 on. Got any idea what it is worth and can you still get parts? Thanks Mac

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon RL-300" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bottom Gun
December 15, 2006, 12:59 AM
I don't know what the value of it is but I have been using my 450 for 26 years and have never needed parts for it. It's a good press. Dillon is pretty good about customer support so I imagine that if I did break something they could help me out.

loadedround
December 15, 2006, 09:27 AM
I believe that was Dillon's first press that was originally designed to sell thru dealers before they started direct sales about 20 some years ago. If I remember correctly is was similar to the 450 press. Why not call Dillon and discuss this press with them. If you get satisfactory answers and the press is cheap, go for it.

DILLONHELP
December 15, 2006, 12:00 PM
See answer on Brian Enos Forum. For 223, be sure the small primer parts are present, and test it to be sure it works. No parts are available other than caliber conversion parts, and the RL300 does not have a lifetime warranty.

Encoreman
December 15, 2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the help, I had posted this on Brian Enos. I will just wait for a 550 or 650. Merry Christmas to all!!!

Lloyd Smale
December 15, 2006, 05:42 PM
its the press that the square deal came from. It uses square deal dies

MaterDei
December 15, 2006, 07:59 PM
See answer on Brian Enos Forum. For 223, be sure the small primer parts are present, and test it to be sure it works. No parts are available other than caliber conversion parts, and the RL300 does not have a lifetime warranty.

I'll translate. Don't do it.

So much for the no BS warranty.

Artful
December 22, 2006, 11:06 PM
Lloyd Smale is wrong I own one have used it for 30 years and uses same dies as my 450 - Only part I ever broke was the primer seater plug (my fault) it does have much different parts than 450 for priming - When I called tech support went thru 3 layers before got someone who knew his stuff - his comment then (10 years ago) they had a small box of parts under a bench and that was it - I went to a Millwright and he made up what I needed no problem and cost a 6 pack. You have a link to it or an asking price? - just kidding my better half says with the half dozen presses I have I can't have any more :banghead: - one day she'll say that about some toy I can't live without.

LAH
December 25, 2006, 07:38 AM
Here's one..........Creeker

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon RL-300" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!