Leading issues disappeared

PDA

MCgunner
December 15, 2006, 11:08 AM
I bought this Taurus M85UL 10 years ago. On first range testing with all my standard handloads, I found that if I pushed lead bullets through it, it leaded the bore bad. I had one lead load, a very light 105 grain SWC which is very accurate that I load for my Rossi M92 carbine to approximate .22 LR that shot well in it.

All these years I've avoided shooting any other loads than that load and jacketed bullets. I was at the range yesterday and decided to try my wadcutter loads in it again and I'll be darned if they didn't do just fine! I didn't have any of my +P cast 158 SWC loads to try, darnit, but I will next time. I think that barrel must have just been rough from the factory and several thousand rounds through it has polished it. It's all I can come up with to explain things.

Between that and finding my new to me M66 3" Taurus has fixed its timing issue somehow has me thinking I should go buy some lotto tickets. :D The only downer to the range session is that I have been sick, flu, and wasn't shooting worth a toot! I blame it on the flu. I couldn't hit worth a darn with my Ruger P90 which I ALWAYS shoot well. :banghead: Well, I still consider the session a success. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Leading issues disappeared" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Leading issues disappeared" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!