How much time do you spend on the highroad?

PDA

Glock22
December 16, 2006, 12:02 AM
How much time do you spend on the Highroad in a day or week. I dont even remember how i found it but i find myself spending so much time on the highroad.

If you enjoyed reading about "How much time do you spend on the highroad?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nateyboy
December 16, 2006, 12:15 AM
My wife states quite emphatically that it is excessive. I have to disagree and begin to recite all of the new found knowldege that I have as a result of this site and the new web resources that I have discovered because of the members here. Sometime into the first 5 minutes of my diatrive she gives up and I go back to reading the different forums. *g*

***Just a slight but of sarcasm in the above statement just in case my wife reads this***

Natey:D

MrDig
December 16, 2006, 12:23 AM
I am admittedly a bit addicted to THR If my boss only knew.

ZeSpectre
December 16, 2006, 12:24 AM
Lately it has been quite a bit, but then again with the holiday season work slows down a bit until after the new year :D

hankdatank1362
December 16, 2006, 12:34 AM
Well, my wife would say "too damn much!"

Probably about an hour and a half, usually 5-6 days a week.

Wow... that's about 20 days a year.

Oh well, it's more informative and interesting than TV.

Tigerseye
I'm on for 30 - 45 minutes every other day or so. I only monitor 4 or 5 of the forums.

Tigerseye

joesolo
I guess if I totaled my time daily it would be an hour or so. I may jump on here for 10 minutes at a time but multiple times a day.

Declaration Day
December 16, 2006, 12:43 AM
I am probably here for 1 - 2 hours each day. Since I am not working unless the snow falls, I have a LOT of time on my hands.

Most of my winter days are spent either online or at my reloading bench.

possum
December 16, 2006, 12:48 AM
i spnd not nearly as much time as i would like to, and yes i am addicted, i am here at last about am hour each night before bed and if the wife goes to bed early, i am on for 2-3 hours. this is a great site with great people and it is alot of fun, and i can never get enough gun knowledge. i wish i had more time!:)

javacodeman
December 16, 2006, 12:51 AM
A lot of time--especially if I don't have anything to do at work. (BTW, I'd much rather be busy at work than sit in my cube and surf.)

FireArmFan
December 16, 2006, 04:27 AM
i'm on quite a bit, jump on here and there throughout the day, and then at night time for a hour or so. i'm kind of addicted. lot of good info on here and a lot of good stories.

Mac Attack
December 16, 2006, 09:54 AM
Too much time. So much that during the week of Thanksgiving I spent so much more time surfing the net at work (specifically THR) that they blocked access to the site and sent me a copy of the internet usage rules. :mad:

Digital Falcon
December 16, 2006, 01:27 PM
Even though this only my second post I spend an hour or more on most days reading this sight. I have been entertained and enlightened by what I have found here.

Ben Shepherd
December 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
More than I should, but not enough.

Ohio Rifleman
December 16, 2006, 02:05 PM
Entirely too much time here, and not nearly enough time blasting little holes in paper. :neener:

ProguninTN
December 28, 2006, 04:24 AM
Lately, not enough. :( I have been busy, so this the first time I've been here in a few weeks. When I'm not busy, I spend a lot of time here. It's a good place to learn a wealth of helpful information. :)

Nematocyst
December 28, 2006, 04:46 AM
I have been a member of THR since August, 2005.

As of this post, I have posted 2,829 times.

I spend about 30,980,002,874,721,193,878.7 hours per week on THR.

But, who's counting?

Nem

loxety
December 28, 2006, 05:10 AM
A few hours per day. :)

evan price
December 28, 2006, 06:09 AM
Roughly, 8 hours a week. While at work.

stevek
December 28, 2006, 08:36 AM
For THR, about an hour per day. Add in The Firing Line, Glock Talk, the 1911 Forum, AR-15.com, XDTalk Forums, plus a few Guitar sites...it's a wonder I can get anything done at all! :o :eek:

jondar
December 28, 2006, 08:48 AM
With the exception of the Gunsmith, Revolver, Autoloader and Reloading Forums, less and less.

redneck2
December 28, 2006, 08:49 AM
Like most other posters, probably too much.

It's amazing that most people spend their time on TV, and I find virtually nothing I care to see. My wife either watches shopping channels or E entertainment :barf:

I guess I need the Outdoor Channel :D

Lately, I've tried to limit my pre-work time here to 15-20 minutes or I never get out the door on time. Tough to do. Try to look at the clock, log on, then limit to 15 minutes. You just get logged when you have to stop.

Answer to time is maybe 30 minutes to an hour per day. Funny, I don't have 30 minutes to exercise a day but I've got an hour for websites. Must mean websites are dangerous to your health.

distra
December 28, 2006, 09:05 AM
2 much :D

Juna
December 28, 2006, 09:24 AM
Don't have internet access at home, so I can only do it at certain times, but sometimes I spend way too much time on here. A few hours at a time isn't all that unusual. :D Don't have cable, either. I like to keep on top of the issues, and I'm always looking for more firearms and knowledge about them.

51Cards
December 28, 2006, 10:23 AM
:what: :what: :what: what time is it? :what: :what: :what:

McCall911
December 28, 2006, 10:42 AM
Depends on the weather.

"Ah, it's such nice weather! I think I'll visit the High Road before I go out!"

"Man, it's raining/cold /just too hot outside! Why don't I check out THR?"

"Tornado warning? Well, let me finish this post to the High Road and we'll go to our place of safety."

:D

Henry Bowman
December 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
Way too much. :uhoh:

blindndead
December 28, 2006, 02:22 PM
Day at work the page is open and i glance at it every hour or so.

Shanghai McCoy
December 28, 2006, 02:25 PM
Depends on which shift I am working.More time some days/nights than others but I usually drop in every day or so to keep current.

Kali Endgame
December 28, 2006, 03:42 PM
Now that school is out about X hours. I really don't want to calculate my time here, but I am learning so much. That's my rationality and I'm sticking to it.:D

Black Majik
December 28, 2006, 03:48 PM
Not enough :D

parolebear
December 28, 2006, 03:49 PM
I monitor about 4-5 forums every night. I spend about 3-4 hours surfing the gun forums. Every morning, I give it a quick looksee before work. My office has all gun sights blocked so I can not get on during the day.

kungfuhippie
December 28, 2006, 03:58 PM
I've got a window open at work most of the day, though I'm not continually reading/posting, it's just easier to stay logged on. When in school I just check it once or twice a day for a short time. Weekends see a little attention, but quite a bit less.

sturmruger
December 28, 2006, 04:41 PM
I average 45-60 mins per day mostly at work. I work at a wireless retail store so when we don't have customers we are short on things to do.

Lambo119
December 28, 2006, 06:57 PM
Way more time than I should at work. Can't help myself.

kd7nqb
December 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
I spend at least 1-2hrs a day. This is mostly due to the way my shift at work is scheduled. I would be more than happy to contribute to other forums but this seems to be the best that I have found.

michiganfan
December 28, 2006, 07:58 PM
Weekdays an hour ,more on weekends.

Walkalong
December 28, 2006, 09:48 PM
Try to get on 3 or 4 times a day at least, sometimes it's 1 or 2.

MikeWSC
December 28, 2006, 10:23 PM
Enjoy sittin' in the family room in the evening for an hour or so, while the the
wife and I watch a little T.V. and spend time together. Lots of nice folk here
that have questions, and a huge amount of knowlege to help!:D

Best for the holidays........Mike

SniperStraz
December 28, 2006, 11:28 PM
...but what could be better? Its just a bunch of gun lovers talking. Its like talking to a bunch of experienced gun owners in person except that you don't have to pretend to listen to their opinions if you don't want to.

51Cards
December 29, 2006, 12:19 AM
mmmmph ... 'time'sit? where am i ... oh ...

about the size of it ... :D

Stevie-Ray
December 29, 2006, 12:26 AM
Maybe 1-2 hours at a sitting, and that could be anywhere from 2-6 times a week. This is a great group.;)

10-Ring
December 29, 2006, 12:36 AM
I am on, time permitting :D Lately, I have been able to spend more time here but usually it's an hour or so a day

Monkeyleg
December 29, 2006, 12:40 AM
Much less time posting than I once did (I can almost hear the applause of some THR members). But I still check out the posts on just about every THR forum at least once a day.

MiamiARFan
December 29, 2006, 12:43 AM
Not as much as I should. I split time between several sites, all providing good information (and some entertainment as well).

Zundfolge
December 29, 2006, 12:48 AM
Prior to this post I had 5,816 total posts.
I registered December 24th, 2002 so that averages out to (3.97 posts per day).

All that information is available by clicking on one's username next to a post.

I'm sure the forum software has some way of tracking how much time a day we spend here ... probalby not something a non mod or admin has access too though.

tubeshooter
December 29, 2006, 12:59 AM
I visit regularly after work. Mostly just to watch and learn....

Time spent each visit tend to spike when I'm researching something, whether for purchase or curiosity.

I also take "breaks" so I don't get myself overly anxious for something new. It's fun to wishlist, but I don't want to get carried away or stress my wallet trying to get something.

CAPTAIN MIKE
December 29, 2006, 01:03 AM
Less than I used to, but now it's more "balanced". I visit every few days or so and check a few of the Forums I enjoy most.

I tend to stay longer and interact more when the posts show some perspective and good judgment and tend to leave in disgust when I see posts that are "flames" or out of tune with the high quality and thoughtful posts many of us THR veterans have come to expect from our favorite shooting community.

offthepaper
December 29, 2006, 02:09 PM
Just enough :evil:

yongxingfreesty
December 29, 2006, 02:22 PM
i spend more time on here now than before.

Boats
December 29, 2006, 02:30 PM
Not as much as I used to. I spend more time at bladeforums.com

Knives can be used almost anywhere for a great many tasks. That makes them inherently more interesting to me than are firearms.

Simms65
December 29, 2006, 02:30 PM
Between THR, sigforum, ar15, bladeforums, knife forums, and fredmiranda....
Sometimes I get 15 minutes of work done a day... :eek:
I usually browse fairly quickly and only post if I really have something relevant to add.
David

rwmcquigge
December 30, 2006, 04:12 PM
way to much
but i love it!:neener: :eek:

KINGMAX
December 30, 2006, 04:19 PM
alot at first, now just a weekly thing

Fun2Shoot
December 30, 2006, 05:36 PM
Probably about an hour a day, but I am scanning other info and hitting the gun maker, gun seller and auction sites while I'm waiting for fresh posts on THR site.

After a while, there are not that many "new" topics to post about. I don't even bother with the 9mm vs. 45acp, .380 too under powered? or the "brand X rules!" kind of posts.

There really isn't much in this world that is really new. :(

I used to post on another firearm forum about 600 times and got so bored that I quit going there and forgot my user name and password.

Only recently have I regained interest in firearm forums. This site, THR is the most active so that in itself makes THR a valuable place to spend time. The folks who post here have a good depth of knowledge and are quite civil for the most part.

I find that refreshing. :D

Essex County
December 31, 2006, 10:41 AM
I'd say a couple of hours a day. After coffee with the cronies and a stop at the Post Office I hit the computer and THR is the first site I visit, followed by TFL. I also check a few other forums, but not each one each day...Essex

gunsmith
December 31, 2006, 10:46 AM
no no no.

are quite civil for the most part.

If you like everyone on thr, you're not on here enough:neener: :evil: :cool:

AdamXBT
December 31, 2006, 11:57 AM
A Lot Of Time,Maybe A 4 To 5 Hours A Day,This Site IS A Good Source Of Info,And Everyday Have New Info And Readers Opinions.Its Real Cool...Jeje.:neener:

ronto
December 31, 2006, 05:00 PM
My New Year's resolution: Just stay in categories I'm interested in and stay away from "New Posts"...Hmmm...Wonder how long I can make it?

Nematocyst
December 31, 2006, 05:10 PM
Wonder how long I can make it?I've got a 5-spot that says less than 4 hours.

:neener: :p

Ala Dan
December 31, 2006, 06:20 PM
I can't pin it down as too the exact number of hours, or even days; but
rest assured its a lot, as its my favorite gun board.:D

6,848 post and still going~!

Huddog
December 31, 2006, 08:59 PM
My wife calls it my girlfriend, enough said.

MountainPeak
December 31, 2006, 10:17 PM
Probably 4 hours, or so a month. I read, but don't post real often.

gbran
December 31, 2006, 10:26 PM
2-3 times per day, mostly reading, researching and some posting. I pretty well split my time between THR, http://www.Rimfirecentral.com and
http://www.Freerepublic.com

Shaughn Leayme
December 31, 2006, 10:39 PM
With the Sloop/Frigate thread :D way too much lately:neener:

Usually I am a lurker and don't post much, been a member since Dec 28, 2002 and only have 186 posts to my name and quite a few of them on the aforementioned thread;)

Holidays end soon, so I will be back to occasional lurker, unless another artillery type thread pops up, then I am your man:evil:

bakert
December 31, 2006, 10:44 PM
Spend a lot of time each day at THR and Ruger Forum. Hell, my wife is glad for me to stay in this back room with the computer out of her way.:D

Travis McGee
January 1, 2007, 08:41 AM
Half as much as I would like.

Twice as much as my wife would like.

bobbytm
March 24, 2007, 11:27 AM
I spend 2-3 hours p/day,5/6 days per week.

Glockfan.45
March 24, 2007, 11:34 AM
I'm off and on here during the course of the day, 10 minutes here 20 minutes there. When I get off the night shift I suspect my time here will be less. I try to tinker around ARF.com as well but the layout there makes my head hurt.

.cheese.
March 24, 2007, 11:39 AM
too much.....

I can't quantify it..... but I know it's too much.

KINGMAX
March 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
varies alot

MilsurpShooter
March 24, 2007, 03:59 PM
Alot more lately. 16 hour shifts, need to kill time :D

March 25, 2007, 07:27 PM
I check THR before I check my e-mail. It only took around a year for me to finally register and start giving my 2 cents worth. I often recommend this sight for anyone who needs to do their research. After all, that' s how I got started.

glockman19
March 25, 2007, 07:37 PM
Since I found it...too much. :)

skinnyguy
March 25, 2007, 07:43 PM
Several hours per day at home, Maybe 4-6 on weekdays, and a rough estimate on the weekends would be:what:!!!! At work, I check in several times a day when I get the chance, maybe for a total of 30 mins. per day.

Interesting, informative, often times very funny, and I don't get in trouble for having an opinion I haven't been told to have. I've been using the internet for alot of reasons for about 10 years now, and THR is is where I have learned more since Feb than I have learned in the entire 10 years previous.

Thanks for the referral to THR goes to TheFumigator.

Mark Whiteman
March 25, 2007, 08:11 PM
Not as much as I could. I made the mistake of bookmarking the forums that I ran across and interested me. Then I went through and got registered on most of them. Then I got brave enough to post a few times. Then the e-mail notifications poured in. Then I had to go back to see if someone replied to me or not. I must get 50+ e-mails a day just from that. New threads keep popping up needing attention.

But I can quit anytime I want.

No, really.

Geno
March 25, 2007, 08:26 PM
The two or three times that my wife did complain about me, "...always being on THR...", I simply smiled and said, "Yes, and you should thank God that I have a family-oriented, values-oriented place where I can chat and learn. Look at Xxxx...you know...Xxxx's ex-husband! And, where did she find him? Oh yes...now I remember (I can't put that internet site here). Maybe he should have been at The High Road".

But, it is true! The High Road is an investment of my time. While I'm at it...thanks all. I appreciate what we have here. Moderators, especially to you all collectively...God bless you! You are sincerely appreciated!

Doc2005

SoCalShooter
March 25, 2007, 08:34 PM
Well around about 6 hours a day. I only usually visit whilst at work so that is why the times are so high.

SniperStraz
March 25, 2007, 08:44 PM
+1 on what Doc2005 said, THR and its upkeepers and mods are greatly appreciated.

Nematocyst
March 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
Hmmm. I guess it's time I checked back into this thread.

We should call it THRaholics Anonymous.
(Hey, you can pronounce that:
"Thraholics Anonymous" or TA for short ... :D )

Yeah, my current average hours/day is approximately three, I'm guessing.

But hey, I'm working on a degree program here at THR U (also called "thru").
I'm now in my second year (that makes me a sophomore;
which may be why so many mods make fun of some of my more sophomoric (http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+sophomoric+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) posts ... :p )

And I'm proud to say that, even though my posts don't always reflect it, I've learned so much on this forum in the last 1.5 years, and not just about guns and their safe and responsible use - like my current research on a 3" revolver (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=263134) - but also 2A issues (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=258743), mental preparedness for SD (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=9642), non-firearm weapons (now researching tomahawks (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=31&highlight=tomahawk)), the list goes on and on ...

And, of course, I agree with Doc about our fine mods:

You are sincerely appreciated!

I've written the same several times in the last year and a half.

I don't always agree with our mods moderation (well, OK: 99.9% :rolleyes: ),
but I so appreciate what they do here.

Nem

Mark Whiteman
March 25, 2007, 08:54 PM
Absolutely!

BobMcG
March 25, 2007, 10:02 PM
It varies a bit but probably anywhere from 1 hr to 7 hrs a week. Not really a lot.

Geno
March 25, 2007, 10:15 PM
Good Lord...are you guys still here?!?!?! How long have you been at that High Road?!?!?!?! :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "How much time do you spend on the highroad?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!