Swiss Army SIG Sturmgewehr 57

PDA

tuckerdog1
December 16, 2006, 10:59 AM
Hope this is the correct forum for this question. Basically a question about being legal to ship & own.

There is a "chance" I could work out a trade for this rifle.
But I never thought I'd be in a position to posess a select fire weapon. So I'm ignorant of most of the legal details.

This is located in Europe. Is it even legal for me to import it here? If so, what hoops will I have to jump through.

Any idea of value? Low to high, as I don't even know the condition. This was presented just last night as a possible
item to trade. I haven't responded, as I wasn't sure it was even a legal possibility. If it is legal, I'll start asking for details/pics.

Thanks for any help,

Tuckerdog1

If you enjoyed reading about "Swiss Army SIG Sturmgewehr 57" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
December 16, 2006, 11:02 AM
The importation of fully automatic weapons is prohibited by the Safe Streets Act of 1968, unless you are law enforcement or the militree.

If you are in LE or an SOT, then yes, it is possible, but if you were an SOT you would know this.

hankdatank1362
December 16, 2006, 11:07 AM
So can any LEO obtain any select-fire weapon, or only if the department orders them? How does that work?

armoredman
December 16, 2006, 11:08 AM
Sorry, Tuckerdog, not happening. Work to change the GCA 68, and NFA 34, and we can all buy these again.

tuckerdog1
December 16, 2006, 11:26 AM
That let the air out of my balloon.

Tuckerdog1

If you enjoyed reading about "Swiss Army SIG Sturmgewehr 57" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!