New Taurus 4410 from Santa Badger!

El Tejon
December 16, 2006, 01:55 PM
Spurned into action (and envy) by reading threads on THR, I bought a Taurus 4410 for Christmas present to myself. It is the blued 2.5". Dealer put it in the case on Thursday and sold it to me for $400 even. He reported that he cannot keep them in stock.

Went to four different gun shoppes before I found .410 buckshot (you would think this being Indiana and all it would be everywhere, geez). However, now I'm all set to go shooting Sunday.:D This should be a really fun pistol.

Will report back tomorrow.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Taurus 4410 from Santa Badger!" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
December 16, 2006, 02:43 PM
Do you have a chronograph, by any chance? I'm curious about the muzzle velocity of OOO buckshot out of those things.

El Tejon
December 18, 2006, 09:04 AM
What a fun gun!:)

On a warm, but rainy Sunday morning I took my new revolver out to test fire it. I shot 200 rounds of Winchester .45 LC and Winchester and over 100 Remington .410 shot, buckshot and slugs through it.

The .45 LC shot a little low for me, but it was probably ammo related as I bought the "Old Timey" ammo for the cowboy shooters. The slugs (2.5") were dead on for my eyes with no evidence of keyholing as I feared would happen.

The buckshot was stringing slightly vertical. When I backed off at 10 yards, donuting was pronounced. Don't know if that is ammo or the gun. I only had one brand of buckshot and I was lucky to have that as I went to 4 different gun stores before I found some.

The birdshot was uniform inside 10 yards, after that the pattern went to heck. Other than snakes (which we are no threat here) I don't know what this load is for but it's a lot of fun.:D

Toward the end of the session, two young guns came out to the range where I was to sight in a new varmit rifle. As they were setting up and I was packing up, the discussion involved our guns and I let them both try it. They giggled like school girls as they peppered cardboard with birdshot.

Overall I am very happy with the pistol. Given my shooting habits and the fact that this is a Taurus, I will need two--one to shoot while the other is being repaired. I have no earthly purpose for this gun, but it is a great range toy and sometimes even The Badger needs to have fun.:D

wdl, no, sorry did not have a chronograph.

January 16, 2007, 06:26 PM
I just bought the new Taurus 4410. It's the 6.5 barrel,ss. I love it. The only thing that might be better is if it could handle the 45+p's. It patterns great out to 30 feet. I had to pay attention to hand placement, or it will shoot to the left. The recoil is small enough that my wife loves to shoot it.

January 16, 2007, 07:13 PM
FWIW, Taurus has now announced a lightweight 4410, and a 3" chambered one (not a LW 3" yet, though).

If you enjoyed reading about "New Taurus 4410 from Santa Badger!" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!