HK factory video from YouTube

PDA

BrennanKG
December 16, 2006, 04:49 PM
Saw this posted on the Sigforum.
Cool stuff, especially the testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASSJuijmS-E

I searched here but couldn't find it posted.

B.

If you enjoyed reading about "HK factory video from YouTube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SoCalShooter
December 16, 2006, 05:40 PM
That was really cool. Makes me appreciate was HK does to test their products.

10-Ring
December 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
Nice video....wish I retained more of the German I learned in school :rolleyes:

mordrid52
December 16, 2006, 05:57 PM
Is that a 1911 sitting on the desk at 4:06?

Justin
December 16, 2006, 06:02 PM
Nice vid. Thanks for sharing.

mete
December 16, 2006, 06:17 PM
Yes that was a 1911 !! They certainly make nice stuff as I already know .High tech except the barrel straightening - they've used that technique for at least 100 years !!

4v50 Gary
December 16, 2006, 06:44 PM
Verdanke BrennanKG! We're such a boring crowd here at THR, that we universally enjoy watching factory films. Now, if we can go on factory tours, test fire some guns and get factory samples, it would be all the better.:D

Father Knows Best
December 16, 2006, 06:50 PM
Vielen Dank!

Texasred
December 16, 2006, 06:50 PM
:mad: Man that makes me wish I could still get a Mark 23!
Anyone hear anything on these,? Not to hijack the thread.

bigun15
December 16, 2006, 06:54 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/bigun15/german1911.jpg

Looks like a 1911 all right.

Highland Ranger
December 16, 2006, 07:14 PM
and that's why they work and work and work!

that slo-mo shot of the usp firing showed some real barrel and frame flex . . .

SoCalShooter
December 16, 2006, 07:18 PM
Man that makes me wish I could still get a Mark 23!
Anyone hear anything on these,? Not to hijack the thread.

Yeah they shoot well but they are big and heavy for a .45acp, might want to look into the usp expert or a usp tactical.

Fosbery
December 16, 2006, 07:30 PM
Next to the 1911 is an L96A2 :D

http://www.project-x.org.uk/images/picsa80lsw04.jpg

kieran
December 16, 2006, 08:01 PM
if only the L96's were not ugly POS. ;)

Glockfan.45
December 16, 2006, 08:10 PM
if only the L96's were not ugly POS. First I will admit I have never fired nor touched a L96 but I have never heard anything good about them from folks who have. I am still trying to wrap my head around the rear mounted grip. Seems like the ergonomics of that layout would be all wrong. As for HK I have a rather negative view of them and their feelings towards the civilian market. HK to me is as over rated as it gets. There are probably alot of folks out there who would pay big $$$ for a freshly laid turd as long as it has an HK logo on it.

Fosbery
December 16, 2006, 08:21 PM
Actually, I'm rather partial to the LSW (as the L86 is more commonly known).

The rear grip is actually very comfortable (as are all the SA80 weapons - they don't look it, but they're the msot comfortable service rifles I have ever shouldered). It's amazingly accurate too. The standard IW rifle is super-accurate but the LSW has the insane barrel length of 24.5 inches :eek:

It is, admittedly, not much good as a light machinegun. It's too accurate for a start, and it only holds 30 rounds. But as a DMR, it's great.

The A2 upgrade was performed by HK if you didn't know (it was owned by a British company at the time, though it's been sold again now).

I also think that HK are wildly over rated. The only HK gun I really like is the P7 (though I do adore the P7 so I guess that makes up for the rest).

Glockfan.45
December 16, 2006, 08:43 PM
The bad things I have heard about the L96 are in regards of its reliability. As for HK the P7's are nice and if I were willing to pay that kind of money for a 9mm pocket gun I would love to own one. I have some hostile feelings towards HK over there not selling us any of their good rifles. It would be easy for them to work out a deal with their U.S importer to do enough state side manufacturing, and assembly to make non-nuetered versions of their rifles legal for the US market. Instead they sell us the gray stocked, thumbholed SL8, and UMC for a price that is over double what a government agency can buy the real thing for. HK could learn a lesson or two from FN, and Sig.

Edit to add: Oh and the real slap in the face from HK came from their modifiying the mag well on both rifles to block factory hi-cap mags despite no legal requirement to do so.

G36-UK
December 16, 2006, 08:47 PM
From what I remember, the A2 upgrade used some of their features from making the G36 series. I suppose that it's kind of an irony that it outperformed the G36 on the next performance ratings (I guess they learned a few lessons from the G36). IIRC, that's what inspired them to make the 416 and 417 rifles.

The only HK gun I really like is the P7 (though I do adore the P7 so I guess that makes up for the rest).

I like the P7 too. I do have a soft spot for the Socom though (I have a KSC 2005 airsoft Socom), though I think it's a shame that the G11 was cancelled just as it completed development. That rifle looked interesting.

gudel
December 16, 2006, 10:27 PM
Well, at least now I know that my P2000 will work if it's ever frozen. But damn, I'm not hitting it with a hammer!

mmissile
December 17, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hk stuff is without a doubt the most advanced/trend setting stuff out there. Most of the watered down stuff, is due to Hk knowing most of the public won't spend the $$ for a quality product anyways. As for bitching about Hk rifles......by a Glock owner???:scrutiny: I know they make shovels and knives, along with their reliable/hammer quality pistols.:neener:

Glockfan.45
December 17, 2006, 07:48 PM
As for bitching about Hk rifles......by a Glock owner??? I know they make shovels and knives, along with their reliable/hammer quality pistols.

How is that a comparison to anything in this discussion? Glock will sell you everything they make, except the model 18 of course. Hk as far as I can tell wouldnt see fit to piss on a civilian customers head if their hair were on fire. Hey who am I to question why somebody would spend that kind of money on an ugly, p.c rifle that cant do anything an AR cant do better.

BrennanKG
December 17, 2006, 07:57 PM
Let's play nice guys.

I'm more of a fan of HK's products than I am of Glock's, but I'd be hard pressed to state honestly that historically HK treats the civilian market as well as Glock. But hey, who knows what the future will bring?

Well, other than Gaston ignoring all my emails begging and pleading for a full-sized single stack 45ACP Glock. ;)

B.

PILMAN
December 18, 2006, 04:21 PM
thanks for the video, i'll have to check it out when I get off work.

Owen
December 18, 2006, 05:00 PM
so, uh, what have they done lately?

G36-UK
December 18, 2006, 05:34 PM
so, uh, what have they done lately?

You mean HK? They've remade the M4 like they did the L85. Their new weapon's called the HK 416.

They've also made prototypes of the HK 417, a 416 designed to fire 7.62 NATO ammo.

Here's a few links to the HKPRO articles:

HK 416 (http://www.hkpro.com/hk416.htm)
HK 417 (http://www.hkpro.com/hk417.htm)

Admittedly, that's not really that recent, but that's the first two that spring to mind.

Owen
December 18, 2006, 05:47 PM
so they've managed to duplicate the work of three or four dozen different 3 man shops in the US? Stunning.

armedpolak
December 18, 2006, 06:00 PM
so that means they allow guns in workplace?!?!? those lucky germans!

p.s. i'm glad I CCW P2000 even more :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

possum
December 19, 2006, 10:49 AM
neat video, getting down on some serious torture being done. It must be nice t be able to go grab any H&K weapon you want and o to town!:)

buzz_knox
December 19, 2006, 11:33 AM
Their new weapon's called the HK 416.

Yet another thing we can't get as HK won't make a version to sell to second class citizens. And HK has accused those who were able to purchase the few uppers that made it into the pipeline of basically possessing stolen property.

G36-UK
December 19, 2006, 12:23 PM
Yet another thing we can't get as HK won't make a version to sell to second class citizens.

Yeah, I heard something like that. It's a shame really, it is quite an interesting rifle.

HK should really take a page from Barrett's book. Or more than one, at least a couple.

If you enjoyed reading about "HK factory video from YouTube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!