.41 magnum revolver pricing

PDA

ravencon
December 16, 2006, 07:07 PM
I stopped at a small gun store that I've never visited before. Not surprisingly their prices seemed higher than my usual haunts. I noticed two .41 magnum revolvers priced each at $675. Both were stainless, 2.5" bbl, adjustable sights.

Here in Massachusetts prices on grandfathered "noncompliant" handguns tend to be quite high, but these prices seemed very high to me.

I was wondering if .41 magnum revolvers tend to command high prices in other areas also. I admit I've seen very few .41 mags for sale in Massachusetts.

If you enjoyed reading about ".41 magnum revolver pricing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shawnee
December 16, 2006, 07:13 PM
Depends on the model but here in Ohio and last year in Florida it seemed like most .41s were a little bit "bargain-priced". I've seen three or four Ruger Blackhawk .41s in nice condition with asking-prices of just $275 at the last few gun shows. :uhoh:

HTH

Majic
December 16, 2006, 07:14 PM
Prices tend to bounce around in different areas, but as to the revolvers you saw it depends on exactly what models you saw. They could be limited production Custom Shop models that tend to have higher price tags.

RUT
December 16, 2006, 07:34 PM
>>I've seen three or four Ruger Blackhawk .41s in nice condition with asking-prices <<

Ruger Blackhawks and Smith & Wessons are miles apart when it comes to .41 mag. pricing though.

SnWnMe
December 16, 2006, 07:46 PM
In states where gun laws are very restrictive, any hard to get gun is a "classic".

It's the one eyed man ruling over the land of the blind.

Jimmy Newman
December 17, 2006, 11:25 PM
I bought a Smith & Wesson Model 57-1 6" barrel blued revolver in probably 90-95% cosmetic condition and perfect functional condition for $500 several months ago. It is my understanding that this is a pretty standard price for one of the common variants of the S&W M57. I don't know anything about 2.5" S&W M57's, if you're even talking about Smiths. I know I haven't seen any, so if they exist I guess they're less common than the 6" ones, which I think are the most common, followed by 4" ones.

If you find one in perfect condition, of course, it'll go for a lot more.

RonJon
December 18, 2006, 12:07 AM
This Model 57 with an 8 3/8 " barrel; 3Ts; P&Rd; no dash; in 99% + condition and extremely accurate was bought for $400 OTD in November in MN. :

http://webpages.charter.net/ronjon/S&W%20Model%2057%20blued%20b.JPG
http://webpages.charter.net/ronjon/S&W%20Model%2057%20blued%20c.JPG

Old Fuff
December 18, 2006, 12:37 AM
I noticed two .41 magnum revolvers priced each at $675. Both were stainless, 2.5" bbl, adjustable sights.

You didn't mention what make and model, but a 2 1/2" barrel length would be unusual, suggesting that these two revolvers might have been custom guns, and/or part of a limited production run. Either factor could explain the high price, which may not be so high given the circumstances.

Ala Dan
December 18, 2006, 09:02 AM
4" or 6" Smith & Wesson model 57 .41 magnums in really excellent shape tend
too fetch higher prices than S&W model 29's of equal condition here in Old
Dixie'Land~! And, not every dealer (including our store) stocks ammunition
for it.:scrutiny: :)

If you enjoyed reading about ".41 magnum revolver pricing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!