Ouch...

PDA

Fosbery
December 16, 2006, 07:55 PM
This picture caught my eye (pun fully intended).

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40123000/jpg/_40123395_militiamanafp203.jpg

I'd like to see his face after he fires that thing :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Ouch..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArfinGreebly
December 16, 2006, 09:18 PM
This is from the BBC?

What was the article's context?

Is this one of the famed "snipers" we keep hearing about?

scout26
December 16, 2006, 09:28 PM
If he's one of them, I hope he has it on full auto.

If he's one of us, then I hope some helpful US or Allied NCO quickly walked over to him and corrected his techinque before he pulled the trigger.

ndh87
December 16, 2006, 11:17 PM
If he's one of us, then I hope some helpful US or Allied NCO quickly walked over to him and corrected his techinque before he pulled the trigger.

somethings are best learned the hard way:evil:

hksw
December 16, 2006, 11:46 PM
I had seen a similar photo years ago in the book Guns of the Elite. (It went over some of the firearms used by some of the elite forces of the world.) In the photo, a British (IIRC) soldier was peering through a scope of a rifle in a similar manner with the buttstock over the shoulder. The caption read that he was merely looking through the scope to obtain a better view of whatever target he was looking for and not in the process of firing.

It appears that the individual above is doing the same thing.

Not meaning to OK his mission in life (and hopefully death if it is indeed an insurgent sniper), just an observation.

Wesson Smith
December 16, 2006, 11:50 PM
That is priceless! Never send a boy to do a man's job.

MErl
December 17, 2006, 12:04 AM
you may be right hksw, it is on safe.

10-Ring
December 17, 2006, 12:12 AM
Priceless!

Hoppy590
December 17, 2006, 12:20 AM
theyre probibly all so used to RPG's or shooting ak's from the hip, they dont know how to shoulder a rifle

Fu-man Shoe
December 17, 2006, 12:37 AM
Some of ya'll need to check it at the door...your ignorance is showing.

Comments like

theyre probibly all so used to RPG's or shooting ak's from the hip, they dont know how to shoulder a rifle

and

Never send a boy to do a man's job.

show a serious lack of "high road" attitude.

As another poster said, you can see the rifle is on 'safe', and the guy
is seemingly just eyeballing something through that little scope.

What, you mean you've never 'birdwatched' through a rifle scope?

:evil:

Hoppy590
December 17, 2006, 12:50 AM
Because hes totally NOT holding it like an RPG, and they ARNT notorious for spray and pray, shoot from the hip.

you can drop the "Holier than thou" act at the door too. its a comment on a photo.

Hoppy590
December 17, 2006, 02:35 PM
wow. i seem to have the ability to kill a thread like no bodys bussiness huh?

mk back on topic...

If you enjoyed reading about "Ouch..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!